Laptops Want to buy a gaming laptop within 50k(can add more if vfm deal)

Vivek4ever

Disciple
i am a regular gamer and planning to buy acer aspire 4820 tg...i m from delhi...can anyone quote me current price or any user of techenclave having this laptop..i have been through the reviews of this notebook and found it to be very good on performance wise in gaming depatment as well battery(it has ati hd 5650 gpu)...can anyone suggest me any better option in acer or any other brand with same gpu.....screen size is not an issue..

Sony Vaio VPCEB26FG might be better in terms of service. Its got a core i3 proc, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd and 5650 gpu, 15.5" full HD screen.
much better than acer.

Also note that speakers on 4820tg are quite weak as compared to other laptops..although for gaming, anyways you won't find any laptop's speakers as good..If you want good battery life, avoid sony..they have the worst battery life of all..but they are the only option right now for full hd screen..

^^ btw 5730 is a just a slightly faster clocked 5650 (not always though, depends on what the competitor model clocked their 5650 at)..Also lenovo y560 models have a screen issue depending on which manufacturer lcd panel you get..People said that its fixed with bios etc but when I was testing out the lappies in shop, I could see the issue very well in the demo models..y460 screens don't have the issue (they say) but I couldn't find any demo pieces of the same..

shantanugoel said:
^^ btw 5730 is a just a slightly faster clocked 5650 (not always though, depends on what the competitor model clocked their 5650 at)..Also lenovo y560 models have a screen issue depending on which manufacturer lcd panel you get..People said that its fixed with bios etc but when I was testing out the lappies in shop, I could see the issue very well in the demo models..y460 screens don't have the issue (they say) but I couldn't find any demo pieces of the same..
if you check 3d mark 06 scores 5730 is around 12-15% better than 5650
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 - Notebookcheck
BUT
in the range of 50k Vaio EB36 is the perfect allrounder with an awesome Full HD screen and very good looks.

HP DV6-3057tx is also an option if fullHD on the 15.5in vaio scares you (5650 can't handle fullHD gaming well and lowering res. will cause interpolation). 3gb ram on the HP is a bummer but makes up for it with a 7200rpm drive (better load times in gaming), switchable graphics (better battery life) and a standard clocked 5650 (550mhz vs 450mhz of vaio, also you can't update to the latest catalyst firmware on vaio).
The latest batch of y560 doesn't have the display issue (i have seen it) and the y460 has some heating issues and so does the 4820tg.
Your call.

Stay away from HPs,they heat up like anything and HP`s after sales service is even worse than acer.Anyways playing games in a laptop is not a good idea.

bhupatib said:
HP DV6-3057tx is also an option if fullHD on the 15.5in vaio scares you (5650 can't handle fullHD gaming well and lowering res. will cause interpolation). 3gb ram on the HP is a bummer but makes up for it with a 7200rpm drive (better load times in gaming), switchable graphics (better battery life) and a standard clocked 5650 (550mhz vs 450mhz of vaio, also you can't update to the latest catalyst firmware on vaio).

The latest batch of y560 doesn't have the display issue (i have seen it) and the y460 has some heating issues and so does the 4820tg.

Your call.

What heating issues on 4820tg? I've been using one for around a week now and it is as cool as a cucumber.. I've never even heard the fans during long hours of regular usage and never felt it heating up while it sitting on my lap for long times..

with y560, you need to be careful.. It is still not determined whether the display is fixed for all pieces or not. It's kind of a lottery right now. If you get LG display, then you are fine otherwise you will see the issue. Problem is that you can't find it out until you buy one and open it..

I agree with you on HP though that it is much better than vaio..but the only thing there is the horrible HP service...

Ok...lenovo y560 it very gud deal...what i m worried is battery backup..it shud be atlest 2hours 30 min when used extensively....
Any lenovo user here to give me the backup details....
Next is the price...at my place its 52 k...
Can anyone suggest a better deal and any free goodies along with this lenovo lappy(ps acer ppl are providing tata photon & many other free things along with the lappy...goodies is not my concern but its always an advantage :) )
can anyone guide me how to deal with the display issue as mentioned above..??

^^ with lenovo you can get that battery life when you are not using the discrete gfx..Also, you get a free lenovo backpack (quality is quite good).. Also, if you buy from reliance digital, they give some 10 accessories free (mostly shitty but anyways free is free)..Also, prices on lenovo models were good in reliance digital..particularly for Z560 models (not y560 though)..For z560 they had all the above offers plus discounts ranging from 4-10k on various configs..

Alright i visited two showrooms today.. Croma at raja garden and reliance digital at ambience mall gurgaon
i concluded the following things..
1.acer 4820tg:
pros:its a grt lappy for gaming,windows experience index for gaming grahics was 6.7(pretty good)
cons:cheap looks,poor built(but arguably feasible to use)
2.lenovo y560 with 5730 :
pros- has good dolby sound(which u can also get in a toshiba lappy)
cons-the screen was of cheap quality..no led or hd feeling..just an average brightened lcd...this is what worried me the most,there was a lappy of hp kept along with this and it was having better resolution with same screen specs..
the windows experience index for gaming graphics was 6.2(though it has 5730 which is better than 5650 then why the gaming graphics is less?????)
3.sony waio i3+5650+HD
pros: great looks at 1080 hd display
cons:poor battery life..the salesman told me that its only 1hr or less than it...:(
4.msi i5+5850 gfx(this is available only in reliance digital)
pros: grt specs
cons: looks ok ok,slow startup(though it has such grt specs...why?
5.dell inspiron 15 with i5: pros:grt lappy pricing
built is sturdy,metallic..looks nice...
Cons:6 cell studiocan be upgraded to 9 cell..

I havent visited nehru place,which i will visit on tuesday and post sum more review...
Finally i think i will go for dell xps 16 with i5+1 gb graphics+9 cell+HD at approx 63(configured by me)

Hi Vivek,
Hope this new Sony model suits you... please check the below.

sony vaio VPCEA36FG/B

*Intel® Core™ i5-560M Processor 2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.20 GHz
*Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
*14 (35.6 cm) wide (WXGA: 1366x768) VAIO Display, LED backlight
*ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5650 Graphics
*Hdd 500 GB*4 (Serial ATA, 5400 rpm)
*4 GB (2 GB x 2) DDR3 SDRAM*2

This model is providing you good CPU and Good GPU and the new model battery backup is also said to 3hours by sony. But i did not have user reviews for this model :(

Regards,
Raj

For gaming stick to an i5 proccy.

Sony Vaio with the FULL HD is a real sucker in battery life. 60-70 Mins tops under normal load.

Rest all is good.

Vivek4ever said:
Alright i visited two showrooms today.. Croma at raja garden and reliance digital at ambience mall gurgaon
i concluded the following things..
1.acer 4820tg:
pros:its a grt lappy for gaming,windows experience index for gaming grahics was 6.7(pretty good)
cons:cheap looks,poor built(but arguably feasible to use)
2.lenovo y560 with 5730 :
pros- has good dolby sound(which u can also get in a toshiba lappy)
cons-the screen was of cheap quality..no led or hd feeling..just an average brightened lcd...this is what worried me the most,there was a lappy of hp kept along with this and it was having better resolution with same screen specs..
the windows experience index for gaming graphics was 6.2(though it has 5730 which is better than 5650 then why the gaming graphics is less?????)
3.sony waio i3+5650+HD
pros: great looks at 1080 hd display
cons:poor battery life..the salesman told me that its only 1hr or less than it...:(
4.msi i5+5850 gfx(this is available only in reliance digital)
pros: grt specs
cons: looks ok ok,slow startup(though it has such grt specs...why?
5.dell inspiron 15 with i5: pros:grt lappy pricing
built is sturdy,metallic..looks nice...
Cons:6 cell studiocan be upgraded to 9 cell..

I havent visited nehru place,which i will visit on tuesday and post sum more review...
Finally i think i will go for dell xps 16 with i5+1 gb graphics+9 cell+HD at approx 63(configured by me)
Go for the msi with i5+Ati 5850, startup must have been slow due to a lot of startup programs and also a lot of trialwares which are preinstalled on the laptops. Just check out the Ati 5850 specs and 3d mark scores and compare it with others:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 - Notebookcheck
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 - Notebookcheck
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 - Notebookcheck

Today i visited nehruplace...its a very big place and has lot many shops for laptops...
I got my hands on dells alienware & loved playing nfs shift on it...
Dell ppl dont keep any laptop with 'hd' for display...i also found a shop where the authorised dealer of dell was ready to sell me dell xps 16 with i7 at 80k(delivery on spot if u give him cash for which he is charging extra 10k...bloody @$$hole...
As i ve read the ati cards review on notebookcheck so i decided not to compromise on anything less than ati 5650..
Abt msi ppl at nehruplace told me that its not an eatablished brand and if by chance sumthing goes wrong in my lappy then i wont be able find any apare parts...and the model of msi with i5 + ati 5850 is priced at 69k with 1tb hdd...so msi is costly and not trust worthy and the built of the laptop is very very cheap...trust me..
Now i have two options left...
1.acer 4820 tg(again cheap looks grt specs)
2.sony vaio vpce36 with 2.4 ghz i3 proccy
or sony vaio 14" with i5+fullhd+5650 gpu
now what i want to know from users of sony that whether they are able to play games flawlessly on full hd??
if yes then does nfs shiht work on ur lappy with medium frame rates??
And how much battery do u ppl get while surfing and how much to expect while playing a game(intensive one)...??

Vivek4ever said:
Today i visited nehruplace...its a very big place and has lot many shops for laptops...

I got my hands on dells alienware & loved playing nfs shift on it...

Dell ppl dont keep any laptop with 'hd' for display...i also found a shop where the authorised dealer of dell was ready to sell me dell xps 16 with i7 at 80k(delivery on spot if u give him cash for which he is charging extra 10k...bloody @$$hole...

As i ve read the ati cards review on notebookcheck so i decided not to compromise on anything less than ati 5650..

Abt msi ppl at nehruplace told me that its not an eatablished brand and if by chance sumthing goes wrong in my lappy then i wont be able find any apare parts...and the model of msi with i5 + ati 5850 is priced at 69k with 1tb hdd...so msi is costly and not trust worthy and the built of the laptop is very very cheap...trust me..

Now i have two options left...

1.acer 4820 tg(again cheap looks grt specs)

2.sony vaio vpce36 with 2.4 ghz i3 proccy

or sony vaio 14" with i5+fullhd+5650 gpu

now what i want to know from users of sony that whether they are able to play games flawlessly on full hd??

if yes then does nfs shiht work on ur lappy with medium frame rates??

And how much battery do u ppl get while surfing and how much to expect while playing a game(intensive one)...??

If you are only surfing then you can easily get a battery life of 2hrs in the vaio (in power saver mode).

But while gaming don't expect much,should be around the 1hr mark.

^^Then i think Vaio EB36 is the best choice amongst the three laptops you mentioned as 14 inch will be too small for gaming purpose and also the 14 inch vaio EA36 doesnt come with a full HD screen.

Regarding Full HD gaming: Its not compulsory that you always game with the highest resolution possible, games look awesome even in 720p.So,you can lower the resolutions a bit for taxing games. only the windows UI doesnt look good with lower resolutions and its not the same while playing games.

Regarding battery life: you can get around 2.5 hrs battery life during normal usage conditions and 1 hr max while gaming on the vaio.

Thanks @ above and everyone who helped me out to choose my lappy....
I will buy sony e36 only...i will go for white colour(hope it wont get dirty easily)....
One more question,from where shud i buy this lappy
1.sony showroom(they r giving me 2% discount)
or 2.a local dealer at nehru place who is giving me 5%....??
Eb36 iz available from today or tomorrow @ nehru place,possibly day after at croma and other outlets....:)

Back