Want to buy a laptop for 25k

X-jo

Disciple
What's your Budget? (not more than 25k)
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (web surfing/watching HD movies/Casual Gaming)
What size and weight considerations do you have? (if not 14" then 15" )
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (any)
Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; warranty on the whole thing if possible)

The ones i have in mind are

1)Lenovo Essential G Series G565 (59-053008) 24.7k
AMD Athlon 2 Dual Core, 15.6", 2GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
[]Flipkart.com: Lenovo Essential G Series G565 (59-053008): Computer

2)Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-I4010 24.8k
Intel Core I3, 14", 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Intel HD Graphics
[]Flipkart.com: Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-I4010: Computer

3)MSI CR Series CR420 23.6k
Intel Core I3, 14", 2GB DDR3, 250GB HDD
[]Flipkart.com: MSI CR Series CR420: Computer

and if any good ones from Dell then that too as i like the Complete Cover facility

Thanks in advance

Yep sorry that was a typo

As I mentioned in my first post, go for the Toshiba. It has the latest Sandybridge i3 and HD3000 graphics which will let you play games you can't even imagine playing with the other two :)

Performance should be brisk too with the ample 4GB RAM.

Its way superior to the other two, so go ahead with the Toshiba

In 25k I can offer you my SONY VPCEB 16FG. It is virtually unused (spare laptop)

* Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

* 15.5″ inch Full HD (1920×1080) VAIO Display Plus

* Intel Core i3-330M Processor (2.13 GHz, 1066MHz, 3MB Cache)

* Intel HM55 Express Chipset

* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics, 1GB DDR3 RAM

* 4GB DR3 RAM

* 500GB Hard Disk

* DVD Writer

* Webcam with Mic

* Integrated Wireless 802.11b/g/n

* Bluetooth v2.1+EDR

* Built-in stereo speakers

* VGP-BPS22 Lithium-ion battery

* Weight: 2.70Kg

Its body is slightly chipped from the bottom right corner. Will mail you the pics if you are interested.

Let me know.

Specs wise toshiba seems great but also make sure that the after sales service/warranty is credible.
Another option for the price can be Compaq CQ43 from flipkart for 23K. Specs are decent with an Intel HD2000 graphics and 2G RAM. AFAIK HP is better at servicing.

tejinderss said:
I recently bought MSI S6000 CORE I5 LAPTOP - Deal Of the Week | eBay

for 26650 but it has got older version of i5. Look into it if you are into 15.6 inches laptops.

Hi my budget is max 25k, can't stretch more than that :(, Also reviews show that it has lots of problems . Thanks though
rockstar1630 said:
In 25k I can offer you my SONY VPCEB 16FG. It is virtually unused (spare laptop)

* Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

* 15.5″ inch Full HD (1920×1080) VAIO Display Plus

* Intel Core i3-330M Processor (2.13 GHz, 1066MHz, 3MB Cache)

* Intel HM55 Express Chipset

* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics, 1GB DDR3 RAM

* 4GB DR3 RAM

* 500GB Hard Disk

* DVD Writer

* Webcam with Mic

* Integrated Wireless 802.11b/g/n

* Bluetooth v2.1+EDR

* Built-in stereo speakers

* VGP-BPS22 Lithium-ion battery

* Weight: 2.70Kg

Its body is slightly chipped from the bottom right corner. Will mail you the pics if you are interested.

Let me know.

Hi, I want a new one with warranty . Thanks for the offer though
bhupatib said:
Specs wise toshiba seems great but also make sure that the after sales service/warranty is credible.

Another option for the price can be Compaq CQ43 from flipkart for 23K. Specs are decent with an Intel HD2000 graphics and 2G RAM. AFAIK HP is better at servicing.

Hmmm, I am not sure about after sales service/warranty of toshiba. All i got is this https://www.toshiba-india.com/laptop/onsite-service-program.html . Do you have any info on that? Thanks for replying machu :cool2:
pauldmps said:
I think there is an Acer or Asus laptop with i5-2410M & 3gigs of RAM @ 27k. I can't remember the model no.

Hi budget is max 25k... can't go further than that. Thanks

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If there is anything better than that Toshiba model within 25k, do let me know. Any good brand is fine with me...

Feature wise Toshiba is great, two of friends recently purchased toshiba laptops, but be aware that the body is cheap plastic and you can feel it by touching it and sound is also not so great.

abirokz said:
What about Asus laptops??hows the bulid quality??is it also cheap plastic like Toshiba??
Sorry, can't say about things which I've not seen first hand (myself), almost all starting range laptops are plastic build but still there is some deceny in compaq laptops.

paarkhi said:
Feature wise Toshiba is great, two of friends recently purchased toshiba laptops, but be aware that the body is cheap plastic and you can feel it by touching it and sound is also not so great.

Hi, is about Toshiba laptops that you are talking about in general or is it abt the C640-i4010? I have an external speaker so I won't rely on the laptop speaker that much. Thanks for the reply

also I can't find a single review online for Toshiba Satellite C640-i4010. Can anyone find me one?

X-jo said:
Hi, is about Toshiba laptops that you are talking about in general or is it abt the C640-i4010? I have an external speaker so I won't rely on the laptop speaker that much. Thanks for the reply

also I can't find a single review online for Toshiba Satellite C640-i4010. Can anyone find me one?

I'm talking about c660-p5012 and no reviews found

Got it yesterday evening, installed Linux Mint... just perfect !!! will do some benchmarks and post review.. Thanks guys for the help

Back