Want to buy an android for Mom within 8-10k

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
Now i don't much know how this goes but lets try...

I am planning to get the phone next week. So kindly suggest as per the following:

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 8-10k +/- 1k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Touch/Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT/AMOLED/Anything that looks better

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G/wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, "facebooking", twiitter, Lots of calls and messaging

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim, should have a decent battery backup

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: HTC Explorer/Spice Mi 425/Galaxy Y

She already owns a Defy and the screen has gone kaput due to immense "attyachar" on the phone. Want something better or equivalent as she is not a heavy OS user but prefers touch.

Kindly suggest accordingly. No other OS than Android please.

Also have a query can the explorer run temple run, and multitask decently? I am more inclined towards it, but the Explorer is running 600mhz proccesor and it makes me a bit skeptical.

Explorer = Bad processor bundled with good looks. You stated "Lots of calls and messaging", bro let me be honest you cannot get a decent battery backup from an android.
Best of luck with the purchase :)

If it is for casual use, 8-10k is OK. The realm of superior androids starts above in the range of 12k.
[Galaxy Y has smaller OSK. Unless you install custome OSK, your mom will find it uneasier to type]

Hardware looks decent for that price as you cannot demand the sky for 8-9k, but I hate spice brand to be honest, and its personal :D (Spice, Maxx, Voxx etc., are all china brands according to me, but hey you may find it cool)

That's the same reason why i asked the question in the first place? :p

Any more suggestions, i am darn confused.

That's the same reason why i asked the question in the first place? :p

Any more suggestions, i am darn confused.
The best thing is, take your mom to the shop and ask the dealer to show handsets within your budget/range and let your mom decide and you can pay for the bill.
Its possible that your mom may not find android comfortable to use.
A handset which charms ladies is "Alcatel 810D" its approx 3.5k (maybe less than that) on flipkart, the looks are excellent and has all of todays mainstream features like bluetooth, camera dual sim etc.,

And mind you, Alcatel is a legit french company which is established in this business and not some china maal which came in the market yesterday, just have a look and I CAN guarantee it'll be the best money you'll spend for your mom :).

Rest is your wish

The best thing is, take your mom to the shop and ask the dealer to show handsets within your budget/range and let your mom decide and you can pay for the bill.
Its possible that your mom may not find android comfortable to use.
A handset which charms ladies is "Alcatel 810D" its approx 3.5k (maybe less than that) on flipkart, the looks are excellent and has all of todays mainstream features like bluetooth, camera dual sim etc.,

And mind you, Alcatel is a legit french company which is established in this business and not some china maal which came in the market yesterday, just have a look and I CAN guarantee it'll be the best money you'll spend for your mom :).

Rest is your wish

Bro she is not comfortable using anything other than android. :p She already is using a defy since 2 years. Want something android. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The Spice Mi-425 is pretty good out of the box. But it's big and HEAVY.
If your mom broke a Defy, this is not the phone for her.
Also, if she adds a lot of apps, then the lack of internal memory's going to be a problem.
The camera's 5MP, but it's good only for clicking pics for the web. If you view the pics at native resolution they look really bad.
Don't get this phone for your mom.

The Spice Mi-425 is pretty good out of the box. But it's big and HEAVY.
If your mom broke a Defy, this is not the phone for her.
Also, if she adds a lot of apps, then the lack of internal memory's going to be a problem.
The camera's 5MP, but it's good only for clicking pics for the web. If you view the pics at native resolution they look really bad.
Don't get this phone for your mom.

Alright then what options do i have in a reasonable low or mid range?

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Dude, after using a Defy she might not like to go down a brand to Spice.

But honestly, the Spice Mi-425 and Karbonn A9 are great phones for 10k and 9k respectively.

I agree bro. But really skeptical about the durability on these.

New LG Optimus L3 E400 Android2.3 3.2" Touch Screen GSM Mobile Phone 3G,WiFi | eBay
BRAND NEW DELL XCD35 WIFI 3G ANDROID 3.2 MP CAM 3.5" | eBay
NEW SONY ERICSSON XPERIA MINI PRO SK17i WHITE "ANDROID 4.0 UPGRADABLE"3G MOBILE | eBay
NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY GIO S5660 WHITE ANDROID 3G 7.2 HSDPA 3.2" CAPACITIVE MOBILE | eBay

This is good and android as well - Micromax Bling 2 3G BLUETOOTH WI-FI ANDROID | eBay

As for reliability of spice/karbon its a "Love it or hate it" kind of thing, if I were you I'd buy mainstream brands and stay away from nimbu mirchi phones :p

i hope the choice i provided is enough, btw the dell is a 600Mhz again, and Explorer is not good for temple run etc.,

Back