WTB Want To Buy An Original Xbox (the fat one)

Douchehole

Disciple
title pretty much says it all, looking for an og xbox atleast with controllers and all the cabels and willing to pay 4000 for it wont mind if you include some games with it.
i'm located in kota rajasthan, so just hit me up with your offers and we'll see we can work something out

I've seen them around that price on OLX, but they are hard to come by. I've probably seen two in the two years or so. I purchased one new-in-box from play-asia.com a very long time ago for $99 long after it was discontinued (back when $1 was around Rs 45) but it didn't survive my younger cousins (or the indian climate in general, the plastics disintegrated). All the best!

Attachments

• xbox_mod-01.jpg
    xbox_mod-01.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 55
  • xbox_mod-02.jpg
    xbox_mod-02.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 64
I've seen them around that price on OLX, but they are hard to come by. I've probably seen two in the two years or so. I purchased one new-in-box from play-asia.com a very long time ago for $99 long after it was discontinued (back when $1 was around Rs 45) but it didn't survive my younger cousins (or the indian climate in general, the plastics disintegrated). All the best!
So, what would you recommend should I buy this or I'm better of with Playstation?

There's actually four original XBOX's on OLX right now. Two special edition, translucent blue and translucent green. All are willing to ship. This is a nice surprise. Prices range from 6k to 8k, so a bit on the high side.

There's actually four original XBOX's on OLX right now. Two special edition, translucent blue and translucent green. All are willing to ship. This is a nice surprise. Prices range from 6k to 8k, so a bit on the high side.
I'm only able to find one, can you link the others?

A fifth one showed up a few hours ago. I would never have thought these many would be available, I've been looking for years haha. Sadly, I'm all out of funds so I'll just have to appreciate from afar. As usual, be sure to take every precaution when dealing with OLX purchases outside your area.

Last edited:

A fifth one showed up a few hours ago. I would never have thought these many would be available, I've been looking for years haha. Sadly, I'm all out of funds so I'll just have to appreciate from afar. As usual, be sure to take every precaution when dealing with OLX purchases outside your area.
Care to elaborate on the last part? Never bought anything off olx

The usual precautions is to make sure the person who is selling the item, actually owns the item.

Ask for a contact number, and move the conversation to Whatsapp or Telegram. OLX silently censors any message with the words 'Whatsapp' or 'Telegram', the message never reaches them but it shows as sent/delivered to you. So ask for a contact number, and add that number to your contacts and continue the conversation on Whatsapp/Telegram.

And once there, ask for a video call or extra photos. Exchange photo ID's to verify your identity and theirs. If you're transferring money before receiving the item, make sure the bank account details match the whatever is on the Photo ID they shared. If you can, arrange for a courier yourself through a dellhivery or a free shiprocket account instead of relying on them to ship it at their convenience.

And lastly, even with all these precautions, don't pay any amount that you're not okay with losing, if the seller turns out to be a fraudulent person. I haven't actually been scammed by anyone OLX in these many years, most people there are just regular people looking to offload things, but plenty of others have been scammed with high value items. Generally, if the price is too low for what you're expecting something to be sold at, it's a scam.

Back