Budget 51-70k Want to Buy laptop (Range 65k max)

Nirmallya Addy

Disciple
  • What's your Budget? (65k)
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
  • 1)Games (like CRYSIS 3, BATTLEFIED, CREED etc basically all new heavy duty games)
  • 2)Spreadsheet work
  • 3)Editing (Video mainly {could be HD})
  • 4)All progamming (.NET, JAVA, C++ etc etc.)
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (14'-15.6')
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (Dell, lenovo, HP,Sony)
  • Any other considerations? (Good Service)
+ I would like to know such laptops I have sorted below, it will be future proof for how long, that I will be able to games at pretty good resolution??

And please don't suggest me any ultrabooks!!!!

I have sorted out this laptops:-
HP
HP ENVY dv6-7206tx Notebook PC (C0N89PA) | HP® India

LENOVO
Laptop PCs - IdeaPad Y Series by | Lenovo | (IN)

DELL
Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo laptop | Dell India

SONY
SVE14A27CN : E Series : VAIOâ„¢ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Well along with this I also have an additional query, i.e. if I ORDER this laptop from amazon (my uncle can get it here in INDIA) is compatibility be a issue (like the modem, power cord) if it's, will I be able to change those hardware and use it in INDIA, the model I am talking about ordering with amazon is this:-

Amazon.com: Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 15.6-Inch Laptop (Metal - Dusk Black): Electronics
Please answer all my queries , am really in a jiffy!!! :(:bag:

• What's your Budget? (65k)
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
  • 1)Games (like CRYSIS 3, BATTLEFIED, CREED etc basically all new heavy duty games)
  • 2)Spreadsheet work
  • 3)Editing (Video mainly {could be HD})
  • 4)All progamming (.NET, JAVA, C++ etc etc.)
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (14'-15.6')
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (Dell, lenovo, HP,Sony)
  • Any other considerations? (Good Service)
+ I would like to know such laptops I have sorted below, it will be future proof for how long, that I will be able to games at pretty good resolution??

And please don't suggest me any ultrabooks!!!!

I have sorted out this laptops:-
HP
HP ENVY dv6-7206tx Notebook PC (C0N89PA) | HP® India

LENOVO
Laptop PCs - IdeaPad Y Series by | Lenovo | (IN)

DELL
Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo laptop | Dell India

SONY
SVE14A27CN : E Series : VAIOâ„¢ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Well along with this I also have an additional query, i.e. if I ORDER this laptop from amazon (my uncle can get it here in INDIA) is compatibility be a issue (like the modem, power cord) if it's, will I be able to change those hardware and use it in INDIA, the model I am talking about ordering with amazon is this:-

Amazon.com: Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 15.6-Inch Laptop (Metal - Dusk Black): Electronics
Please answer all my queries , am really in a jiffy!!! :(:bag: [/quote/]

care to reply any body

If you are okay with US purchase go for this the Asus G46VW

http://www.amazon.com/G46VW-BHI5N43...&ie=UTF8&qid=1364659653&sr=1-4&keywords=g55vw

If you want a 15" then you can take the G55VW.

Bot of them come with 660M 2GB DDR5 and that is the best GPU in your price range.Plus the Asus has international warranty.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G46VW-Notebook.86486.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G55VW-S1020V-Notebook.74851.0.html

If I were you I would take the G55 as the G46 is yet to come to India but the G46 is quite a bit lighter compared to the G55 considering it packs more or less the same stuff inside.

As to the US power plug some gear I got from Amazon (My Transformer TF101,WDTV Live) all come with the US plug which run fine on any spikebox.You can also get a Universal adapter like this one which I have but is completely redundant as I always have some spikeboxes around.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/TARGUS-World...esktop_Accessories&hash=item230704fc9f&_uhb=1

well th
If you are okay with US purchase go for this the Asus G46VW

http://www.amazon.com/G46VW-BHI5N43...&ie=UTF8&qid=1364659653&sr=1-4&keywords=g55vw

If you want a 15" then you can take the G55VW.

Bot of them come with 660M 2GB DDR5 and that is the best GPU in your price range.Plus the Asus has international warranty.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G46VW-Notebook.86486.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G55VW-S1020V-Notebook.74851.0.html

If I were you I would take the G55 as the G46 is yet to come to India but the G46 is quite a bit lighter compared to the G55 considering it packs more or less the same stuff inside.

As to the US power plug some gear I got from Amazon (My Transformer TF101,WDTV Live) all come with the US plug which run fine on any spikebox.You can also get a Universal adapter like this one which I have but is completely redundant as I always have some spikeboxes around.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/TARGUS-World...esktop_Accessories&hash=item230704fc9f&_uhb=1

well the asus g46 has i5 proccy, which i am particularly not fond off, and the one one amazon is a customised version which is not covered in international warranty,and the g55vw is really bulky, any other suggestions dude!!!

I recently bought hp pavilion G6-2236 TX
So you can think about it....
I got it at 60k locally from a nearby local hp centre.
If you want you can view it , i have made a show off at that time....
http://www.techenclave.com/community/index.php?posts/1791526

And you can also go for dell inspiron i7 model or its turbo model....
But i got the hp one due to great premium look and awesome configuration.....

G6-2236TX has low powered gpu 7670m and poor 1366X768 screen which is present even in laptops coming in 35k range.config is not well balance with i7 processor but poor graphics card.its a poor choice spending 60k on such laptop where you can get much better config for the same price.

this laptop from hp has same gpu 7670m but is availble just for 35k or less locally
http://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g4-2049tx-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-dos-1gb-graph/p/itmdf3cknqtzdkgh?pid=COMDF3CGGZRKGMFN&ref=494c85b4-d065-4c15-9c8b-76cf8ec66183&srno=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=hp pavilion g4-2049tx laptop 3rd gen ci5 4gb 500gb dos 1gb graph

G6-2236TX has low powered gpu 7670m and poor 1366X768 screen which is present even in laptops coming in 35k range.config is not well balance with i7 processor but poor graphics card.its a poor choice spending 60k on such laptop where you can get much better config for the same price.

this laptop from hp has same gpu 7670m but is availble just for 35k or less locally
http://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g4-2049tx-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-dos-1gb-graph/p/itmdf3cknqtzdkgh?pid=COMDF3CGGZRKGMFN&ref=494c85b4-d065-4c15-9c8b-76cf8ec66183&srno=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=hp pavilion g4-2049tx laptop 3rd gen ci5 4gb 500gb dos 1gb graph
Not everyone is a Gamer so i didn't care about the gpu as i don't play games on my laptop.
Even macbook pro 13 inch (Base model) didn't have a discrete gpu so its not a big deal but still everyone wants it.
For playing games i have XBOX 360 .
I use my lappy basically for my work and stuff other than playing games in your language.
And at this resolution this graphic card is more than sufficient .
And don't mind but in 35k you can get 7670M GPU only but for buying the rest of the configuration you need to spend 25k more:oldman: .
Anyways OP will decide what it want depending upon his needs we are just here to suggest him and give our opinions.
And in my opinion My Companion hp pavilion G6-2236 TX is awesome as my needs and as far as my choice is considered .:cool:

Not everyone is a Gamer so i didn't care about the gpu as i don't play games on my laptop.
Even macbook pro 13 inch (Base model) didn't have a discrete gpu so its not a big deal but still everyone wants it.
For playing games i have XBOX 360 .
I use my lappy basically for my work and stuff other than playing games in your language.
And at this resolution this graphic card is more than sufficient .
And don't mind but in 35k you can get 7670M GPU only but for buying the rest of the configuration you need to spend 25k more:oldman: .
Anyways OP will decide what it want depending upon his needs we are just here to suggest him and give our opinions.
And in my opinion My Companion hp pavilion G6-2236 TX is awesome as my needs and as far as my choice is considered .:cool:
1.so if its not a gaming laptop why are you suggesting it,read the 1st post OP has clearly mentioned games(heavy duty) and this is your suggestion for heavy duty game playing and you comeback and sayi use this laptop for other stuff than playing games..:)
2.secondly if you just want to do everyday stuff is 35k laptop not sufficient enough for that,i think even an i3 processor is enough for regular stuff.
3.you say for rest of config we need to spend 25k just go and compare only difference is i7 processor,8gb ram and 1tb HDD vs i5,4gb,500gb HDD i dont think spending 25k for this is justifiable for any reason and more so when you just want to do regular stuff.

anyways enjoy your premium laptop which work just as good as a 35k laptop and no more.

One word of advise from me. All g6 series use such a pathetic display, that I won't suggest spending >40k on them. When you're spending in range of 50-60k, there are lot lot better options available.

1.so if its not a gaming laptop why are you suggesting it,read the 1st post OP has clearly mentioned games(heavy duty) and this is your suggestion for heavy duty game playing and you comeback and sayi use this laptop for other stuff than playing games..:)
2.secondly if you just want to do everyday stuff is 35k laptop not sufficient enough for that,i think even an i3 processor is enough for regular stuff.
3.you say for rest of config we need to spend 25k just go and compare only difference is i7 processor,8gb ram and 1tb HDD vs i5,4gb,500gb HDD i dont think spending 25k for this is justifiable for any reason and more so when you just want to do regular stuff.

anyways enjoy your premium laptop which work just as good as a 35k laptop and no more.

I said i do not game on my laptop and that does not mean it can't play games or anything, and OP himself has mentioned in options which include 7670m gpu notebook(sony one i think).
Once again don't jump to conclusions without understanding a bit.
i3 processor is enough for regular stuff, but take this as an example ie. who wants or actually need 800hp sports car nobody, but still people own them. It's because they can own them.
That's not the only difference lol it actually classify mid tier config you get under 40k.
In the end it seems you got angry for no reason .. calm down buddy no need to tell others how to enjoy their own things :meh:

One word of advise from me. All g6 series use such a pathetic display, that I won't suggest spending >40k on them. When you're spending in range of 50-60k, there are lot lot better options available.

Not according to me, pathetic is an absolutely wrong word.

At least give some other better options when you are suggesting it to others, simply by saying there are better options are not gonna cut it.

Not according to me, pathetic is an absolutely wrong word.​

At least give some other better options when you are suggesting it to others, simply by saying there are better options are not gonna cut it.

Well, pathetic is not a wrong word. If you compare the previous models by HP itself, dv6 pavillion series, the display is really bad. The colors being faded out and viewing angles worst ever.

And for alternate options, I'd say, almost every other laptop has got better display than g6 series.

Back