Video Want to buy LCD TV - What size?

I need to buy a LCD TV as my 12 year old BPL CRT is in the process of conking off.

First, can anyone help me decide what size is right for me - 26 inch or 32 inch? The TV is for my bedroom & I will be watching it at a distance of 8 feet.

I am worrying that if I go for a 32 inch TV, at a distance of 8 feet the picture will be blurred. I have Hathway DigitalTV.

Pls advise assuming price is not an issue.

Well...2 more questions:

1. Which place in Mumbai is cheapest to buy LCD: Croma, Vijay Sales or any other?

2. Is the USB facility available in only LG models? Does any Samsung or Sony costing less than Rs.40k have USB option?

nikeel said:
Well...2 more questions:

1. Which place in Mumbai is cheapest to buy LCD: Croma, Vijay Sales or any other?
2. Is the USB facility available in only LG models? Does any Samsung or Sony costing less than Rs.40k have USB option?

check out compareindia and naaptol.
You will find some great prices. Especially naaptol, you can call the vendor and negotiate on the phone.

Request some help please. I have basically the following queries:

1. The more famous brands like Sony & Samsung don't seem to offer USB on all their models. The only Sony LCD which offers USB has a MRP of Rs.49000, though should be available at a cheaper street price. And Samsung only offers Wiselink on its LCDs which don't support videos.

I see that only LG models are offering USB on their LCDs. If I choose LG just because of its USB mode, would I be compromising on picture quality?

2. What do I need to see to ensure that my laptop can be connected to the LCD? It doesn't have a HDMI port. Out of D-sub / composite / component which connection is the preferred choice?

And lastly any suggestion for a LCD within 35k? I don't think I should require Full HD as I will be mainly using it for cable TV and a few DivX movies.

I got Samsung LA32b530 for 35k from vijay sales last week...the original quote was 40k....it is full HD...if u want HD ready u will get it much cheaper

Back