Want to copy/paste songs into iPodShuffle & listen.

hash

Adept
Hi,

Is there a way to modify the iPod Shuffle , so that I don't need to use iTunes to add new songs?

I want it to work like Plug'n'Play device so that I can use it on car stereo. I remember reading it somewhere where you can simply copy and paste songs into iPod and listen to them, it was done by some Firmware modification..

And the iPod shuffle sounds so pathetic compared to my friends Philips GoGear,any Application to improve on that area?
Please suggest,
Thanks.

To play songs on the car stereo through the iPod shuffle you'll need a casstte adapter or an auxiliary-in cable. You don't need to do anything to the iPod other than sync it with iTunes. Just select the desired songs and sync it. Or you could make it sync only to a certain play list from your library.

If you still want to mod the iPod, then you'll need RockBox.

Ahh Just what I wanted. But will RockBox work with the iPod Shuffle 2Nd Gen? I don't see it in the supported or the unsupported list.

As an alternative to the iTunes, you can use Winamp + mlipod plugin.

Its far superior to the iTunes bullcwap.

So all these softwares require me to use another software like (Winamp) to add new songs?

I was thinking like a firmware change which will make just access it like "J: " then paste and the iPod to play the songs.

ipod-shuffle.jpg

This is the one I have.

u can use floola or sharepod for copu/paste songs in the shuffle ,

for this firdt u have to open it with itunes and tick the option "enable ddisk usage " from ur itunes , then u can use floola or sharepod to copy/pastes siongs into it

But does the second generation iPod shuffle allow you to use it's meager disk space for mm music files? That is what I don't remember. Using Linux I could use the iPod as a plug and play device and just drag and drop my music.

Back