Want to play Halo 3 and Gears of Wars 2? What are my options

adi_vastava

Code Game Code F**K
Adept
I am a PC gamer (not very enthusiastic, 3 games a year at Max :ashamed:),

I read several thread recently and I agree that PS3 is the console to buy (Uncharterd series alone make it worthy for it IMO)

I started my gaming with Halo so obviously was attached to it, Now there is no PC version for Halo 3 and obviously its an XBox exclusive. SO what are my options?

Buy an older XBOX version if available,
Grab a IInd hand XBox,
Rent it, PLay it in parlor or what?

What do you guys suggest? I want to play these XBox exclusive title what are my options?

P.S.: No PS3 vs XBox Please.

Completing it in a parlour doesn't make much sense. Probably get the console from a friend who can lend it to you for a few days. That way, you could get enough time to spend with both the exclusive titles. Alternatively, you can even grab a second hand 360 which is really going cheap these days.

>>Probably get the console from a friend who can lend it to you for a few days.

All have PS3

>>Alternatively, you can even grab a second hand 360 which is really going cheap these days.

OK, point taken. I'll check what are the deals available for it

I played Halo 2 on PC and I must say, I am dying to play Halo 3. Halo 2 is one of the best games I have played. PS3 has more exclusives but Halo 3 and Gears of War are good enough to justify buying Xbox 360.

Though, I would suggest you buy PS3 coz it is getting a lot of exclusives.

You can save some money and buy 2nd hand Xbox 360 at end of next year or 2012 to play the exclusives.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dinjo said:
Play UC Series and MGS4 on PS3 and you will never play Halo again.

You are comparing oranges and apples. UC, MGS and Halo are completely different sets of great games.

NO Plesae, I already requested in my first post no Flame wars.

Those who say Halo is good, I agree,

Those who say Halo is Crap, I agree too.

I want to play it, and I'll *play*,

THIS thread is to get suggestion on what all alternatives I have. So please stop being childish, coz I am old enough to be one. ;)

In case you get the console and need to purchase Halo 3, let me know. I have a sealed copy with me which I have been planning to sell off. ;)

Thanks Alpha & Ethan.

One more query, I saw some XBOX version with 4 GB for 12-14 K and some with 250 HDD @ 20+.

What is the use for this disk, Is it like we can store games from DVD to disk or something else?

I am going to do some research on it (check this http://reviews.cnet.com/4321-10109_7-6571195.html), but in case I'll buy it what do you guys suggest, which one? Is arcade version good to play these

adi_vastava said:
Thanks Alpha & Ethan.

One more query, I saw some XBOX version with 4 GB for 12-14 K and some with 250 HDD @ 20+.

What is the use for this disk, Is it like we can store games from DVD to disk or something else?

I am going to do some research on it (check this Which Xbox 360 is the best for me? - CNET Reviews), but in case I'll buy it what do you guys suggest, which one? Is arcade version good to play these

The one you're talking about is called the Xbox 360 S. It's the most recent version of the console. The look has completely changed and it looks much slimmer. The HDD would be required for your game installs, storing DLC (downloadable content), media files & game demos. Ideally, a 20GB HDD would be sufficient, if you plan to install and play only 2 games at any given point. If you want to use the console for storing for the other things which I have mentioned, then probably you'll have to invest in a bigger HDD. If you're planning to get a second hand console, get the Arcade one, as it has the Jasper chipset, which runs cooler than most of it's previous versions.

I would suggest you ( if you dont want to spend MUCH) to grab a second Hand Xbox in warranty at around 7-8K . and buy halo 3 and Halo reach.

also DO nOT MOD it ! cause Halo is fun in single Player ...but its 100x Fun in Multiplayer ! :D

Back