Budget 71-90K want to purchase a gaming laptop from US < 1K USD

cri_sss

Disciple
Hi Folks,

A friend of mine is willing to bring laptop from USA. So not sure is it still better value per money to purchase gaming laptop there considering sales tax in NY state.

The person is returning on 24th Aug, So need to purchase this week or next in online mode.

What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.) : 1K USD can extend upto 1.5k including taxes paid in US. But lesser prefer to be around 1k mark

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming ) - Youtube and Lot of Browser TABs, watching HD Videos, MT4, Automation Testing tools, python programming (light), Gaming like CS GO. Not into Video editing.

What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between) : Desktop Replacement. Well I connect laptop to monitor, keyboard and mouse. Battery life not bothered as connects to power all the time.

Also prefer something with 16 GB RAM and 1 or 2 tb option for expansion of storage using hdd/sata/nvm

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell) : I was using MSI GE620dx from last 10 years with RAM replaced within warranty and HDD replaced over the time. Still going great but struggling while playing cs go for higher fps. Still fine for watching HD and also light programming, Since having steam account might purchase some games in the last 4-5 years old on special if laptop can handle them. But not a serious gamer.

Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.) : I want something i can carry when traveling overseas unlike desktop. Also Need expansion for Storage as I use video content over laptop rather than cloud so either 2.5 or other option availability to expand storage. (2TB or more Storage for movies, TV shows and music content primarily.

Regarding warranty if it is international as long as it has warranty coverage in Australia is fine to me. My inclination is towards AMD processor.

TIA.

Hi Folks,

A friend of mine is willing to bring laptop from USA. So not sure is it still better value per money to purchase gaming laptop there considering sales tax in NY state.

The person is returning on 24th Aug, So need to purchase this week or next in online mode.

What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.) : 1K USD can extend upto 1.5k including taxes paid in US. But lesser prefer to be around 1k mark

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming ) - Youtube and Lot of Browser TABs, watching HD Videos, MT4, Automation Testing tools, python programming (light), Gaming like CS GO. Not into Video editing.

What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between) : Desktop Replacement. Well I connect laptop to monitor, keyboard and mouse. Battery life not bothered as connects to power all the time.

Also prefer something with 16 GB RAM and 1 or 2 tb option for expansion of storage using hdd/sata/nvm

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell) : I was using MSI GE620dx from last 10 years with RAM replaced within warranty and HDD replaced over the time. Still going great but struggling while playing cs go for higher fps. Still fine for watching HD and also light programming, Since having steam account might purchase some games in the last 4-5 years old on special if laptop can handle them. But not a serious gamer.

Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.) : I want something i can carry when traveling overseas unlike desktop. Also Need expansion for Storage as I use video content over laptop rather than cloud so either 2.5 or other option availability to expand storage. (2TB or more Storage for movies, TV shows and music content primarily.

Regarding warranty if it is international as long as it has warranty coverage in Australia is fine to me. My inclination is towards AMD processor.

TIA.
Check slickdeals

1. ASUS TUF Dash 15 (2022) Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 144Hz FHD Display, Intel Core i7-12650H, GeForce RTX 3060, 16GB DDR5, 512GB SSD, Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 4, Windows 11 Home, Off Black, FX517ZM-AS73 https://a.co/d/8JPQcxs
2. GIGABYTE G5 KD - 15.6" FHD 144Hz, Intel Core i5-11400H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB GDDR6, 16GB Memory, 512GB SSD, Win11 Home, Gaming Laptop (G5 KD-52US123SO) https://a.co/d/dsXvu06

Before buying anything please check if you can avail warranty where you live.

Aw hell naw, why would you recommend a 3rd gen ryzen laptop in 2022, it's zen+ not even zen 2
for pure performance, i would recommend the Asus tuf and tuf dash series with intel 12t gen processors, if you want more battery life, something with the AMD 6000 chips would be better like the tuf a15 or legion 5 (the best laptop imo but kinda overpriced rn). If you want something thin and light the Acer swift x and zenbook pro are great. And if you want something premium last gen Asus Zephyrus g14 and g15 are great

Back