Want to purchase Antivirus.. lowest cost

I've tried almost all the antivirus softwares and nothing comes even close to NOD32. Nothing. Period.

MSE is heavy on resources as compared to NOD32.

Yes i agree
ESET SMART SECURITY SUITE IS THE BEST...
if 5.xx hangs your pc than get the 6 beta version it is the most awesome antivirus/ firewall system.... check out some offers and buy it...
i installed it on 4 system removed KIS and Bitdefender doesn't like them...

This is the biggest load of bull I have read on the entire thread, it works perfectly fine on any system with a legit [OR legitimized] copy of Windows XP SP3 and above.

Have you personally installed and compared both AVs? I have done it. Not for one, but multiple PCs. I never said it doesn't work. It's just that it's a bit more heavy on resources than NOD32 Antivirus. I fix PCs for a living. Earlier I used to install MSE on my customers' PCs. Then I switched to NOD32. Difference is not much noticeable if the hardware config. is good, but try using both the AVs on a bit older PCs and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

MSE is a bit sluggish as compared to NOD32 Antivirus. At least my practical experience as a computer technician says so. :)

Have you personally installed and compared both AVs? I have done it. Not for one, but multiple PCs. I never said it doesn't work. It's just that it's a bit more heavy on resources than NOD32 Antivirus. I fix PCs for a living. Earlier I used to install MSE on my customers' PCs. Then I switched to NOD32. Difference is not much noticeable if the hardware config. is good, but try using both the AVs on a bit older PCs and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

MSE is a bit sluggish as compared to NOD32 Antivirus. At least my practical experience as a computer technician says so. :)

I have used Microsoft Security Essentials on a Intel Pentium D 915 [2.8 GHz single-core with Hyper-Threading] + 1GB DDR II 533MHz RAM and an 80GB Maxtor Diamond Plus drive which has a legit copy of Windows XP [patched to SP 3], I find it works just as well in this setup as it does on my personal computer that has the following configuration -- AMD Phenom IIx4 965 + 6GB DDR III 1600MHz RAM + 2 x320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.1 [in RAID 0].

It is only the virus-scan which takes longer on the former. Rest all same-same.

Just my experience, maybe you thanks to a wider exposure might have noticed something amiss so, Peace!

Don't waste money on AV. Download comodo firewall, Avira AV. Download sandboxie and always check unknown executables for suspicious behaviour by running them sandboxed.
Still won't make your Machine 100% secure but i think its enough for average user.

I recommend Comodo Internet Security Suite. Its freeware and includes a firewall, antivirus, antispyware as well as a heuristics (Defense+) and sandbox security.
Have got it installed even on govt office PCs with P4 running on 512mb ram and it works great.

Back