Storage Solutions Want to replace my WD 1TB External HDD

anilthomas26

Disciple
Hi,
I have a 1 TB Western Digital MYBOOK external HDD.Yesterday onwards my PC is not detecting the drive.I tried the HD on many other PC's.Still not detected.I tried HDTUNE.It shows that a HD is connected and the size is shown as 2.1 TB and no other details are given.Then In HDtune i tried to run error scan.And it showed errors.

I want to replace my drive.I bought the HD from Dubai 1 year ago, with the help of my friend.I havent registered the product in the Western Digital site.
How can I get my HD replaced? What is RMA ?

anilthomas26 said:
How can I get my HD replaced? What is RMA ?

Return merchandise authorization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enter the serial no. of the hard drive here - Serial Input. It must be printed on a label sticked beneath the drive.

Proceed as per the instructions. The concerned courier person would personally pick up the defective drive if the door-to-door replacement policy is applicable at your place.

The defective drive would be then sent to Delhi and the replacement drive should reach you in less than a fortnight (typically!).

@Gannu

The link to WD website "serial Input" gives a "session expired" error.Under "Service and Support " what shud I do first? Should I register first ?

Back