Budget 0-20k Want to upgrade my power supply.

ch@ts

Skilled
I'm currently using a Corsair VX450W SMPS. It's been powering my system for probably more than 10 years now, and it's still going strong.

However, I want to upgrade to a beefier GPU, an RTX3060 or equivalent, and I think I'll need to upgrade the SMPS before I do that.
My current system:
AMD FX8350
Gigabyte AMD 970a motherboard
Nvidia 1030 GPU
3 * SSD's
1 HDD
1 DVDRW

I was thinking of getting a power supply with a wattage of between 650-850w.
My budget is around Rs.5000 - 7000.
I was thinking of getting something in the current Republic day sale from Flipkart or Amazon. But I am open to buying from anywhere.

These are some of the units I came across. I haven't kept up with PC hardware, so I really don't know what's good anymore.

COOLER MASTER MWE 650 Bronze V2

Deepcool PF650 (R-PF650D-HA0B) 80 Plus

Deepcool PK750D 750 Watts PSU

Corsair CV750 750 Watts PSU

COOLER MASTER CM MWE 750 Bronze V2

Corsair CV Series CV750 80 Plus Bronze ATX Power Supply

Cooler Master G800 Gold Power Supply - Non Modular | 80 Plus Gold Certified | 120mm HDB Fan | DC-to-DC Circuit Design | ATX 2.52 Version

Deepcool DQ750M-V3L, 750 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular Power Supply/PSU for Gaming PC - R-DQ750M-FB0B-UK

would recommend a corsair or cooler master psu, preferably a gold efficieny unit.
corsair rma is done by kaizen and is a breeze.
heard good thing about cm too.

You can check out cultists networks psu tier list. Anything tier b and above would be good. Here are some good ones that may fall around your budget:

Antec Neo ECO Gold Modular 650 Watt

DEEPCOOL DQ750-M-V2L

Corsair CX650F RGB

COOLER MASTER MWE GOLD 650 V2 FULL MODULAR SMPS MPE-6501-AFAAG-IN

You can check pcpricetracker for prices across different websites online. Also on an off note, how's the fx8350 holding up in day to day usage?

You can check out cultists networks psu tier list. Anything tier b and above would be good. Here are some good ones that may fall around your budget:

Antec Neo ECO Gold Modular 650 Watt

DEEPCOOL DQ750-M-V2L

Corsair CX650F RGB

COOLER MASTER MWE GOLD 650 V2 FULL MODULAR SMPS MPE-6501-AFAAG-IN

You can check pcpricetracker for prices across different websites online. Also on an off note, how's the fx8350 holding up in day to day usage?
Thanks. I'll check out the price tracker.

For me, the FX8350 works well. I run Linux, do a little bit of coding, some light gaming, web-browsing and lately I've started playing around with Unreal Engine. It's more than capable of doing everything I ask of it. Unreal Engine's a bit slow, but that's more because of my GPU. I've got a tower cooler, so it's pretty silent. I haven't used anything faster, and I don't do anything too demanding, so I'm still pretty pleased with it.

My budget is around Rs.5000 - 7000.

I would suggest that you increase it a bit to accommodate the latest standard in power supplies, ATX 3.0. The latest graphics cards require the power supply to conform to it.

I had a tough time obtaining one last year. Thankfully, some mid-range power supplies conforming to the standard can now be purchased from local dealers.

I would suggest that you increase it a bit to accommodate the latest standard in power supplies, ATX 3.0. The latest graphics cards require the power supply to conform to it.

I had a tough time obtaining one last year. Thankfully, some mid-range power supplies conforming to the standard can now be purchased from local dealers.
I am considering doing that, but I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it for me.
What did you pick up? And do you have any recommendations for me?

Back