PC Peripherals want to upgrade, need suggestions

tajendra

Disciple
Hy guys wana upgrade my cpu, plz advise wat is best for me, plz go through the list of questions, and then give ur suggestion,

Questions

Q: What is your budget?
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - Intel E7500 2.93Ghz
Motherboard - Asus P5KPL-CM
GPU - Nvidia ge force 9500 1 GB
RAM - 2X2GB DDR2
Monitor - Samsung 2350
SMPS - Dont know its local
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor - Samsung 2350
RAM - 2X2GB DDR2
HDD - 660 GB
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - AMD phenom ii 965 3.4 Ghz 140W \ any other with better performance(should b in budget)
Motherboard - GIGABYTE - GA-MA785GM-US2H(flexible)
GPU - ATI 5770 or 5850 (whichevr is within my bidget)/ Nvidia, any which gives better performance then above at same cost or same performance at less cost
SMPS - 450W CORSAIR - CMPSU-450VX(flexible)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future.

NO, will not upgrade the following within 1.5 yrs

Q: Where will you buy this hardware?
MY city\Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming - first objective, all others are secondary or could be the result of first one
Browsing - secondary (will happen frequently)
Desktop Processing - secondary
HTPC - secondary
Download rig, 24x7 operation - secondary(will happen frequently)
Watching HD movies - secondary(will happen frequently)

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No brand preference or dislike, just want performance, stability & durability
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

All type of games at higest resolution and best grphic settings
Strategy/Racing/FPS etc - All latest ones

Plz note - I donot want low frame rate on above setting(at least 60 fps), this the reason y i am upgrading.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1920x1080
Desktop - 1920x1080
Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes, but a year down the line as i think std settings with this config should be enough for my needs for now! (hope so!!)

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Plz note - My whole sole purpose is to play games at highest graphic setting ,with 60 frames per second, to get the most out of it.

if this could be achived by only changing my GPU im quite prepared to updrade only my GPU not other things.

Thanks guys

Just gpu upgrade is enough. If more go for quad core since you intend to keep your ram. You can then upgrade to a 32nm six core proc later next year. For you the 5770 or 5850 is good enough.

+1. Your processor and RAM specs are good. It wont act as bottleneck for the HD5850. The HD5850 is priced at ~17k in most places due to the non-availbility and monopoly. Things will surely change once Nvidia comes up with their Fermi lineup. so i would suggest you wait for the release of those cards before buying a DX11 card. Dont go fpr a proccy + mobo upload now esp. when 32nm processors are just round the corner.

Good time for a change . Just sell YoUr entire rig without Samsung P2350 monitor.

It'll fetch you 7k-8k max.

So now ur Total Budget is 48k
Intel rig

Cpu - Intel core i5-750 - 10.2k

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 - 6.7k

Ram - Transcend 2x2gb 1333mhz ddr3 - 5.2k

HDD - Seagate 500gb Optical drive - 2.3k

Samsung/LG DVD writer - 1.1k

Graphics card - Ati 5770 - 11k / ATI HD 5850 - 17k

SMPS - Gigabyte 460w - 2.3k / Corsair VX 550 - 5.5k

Cabby : CM Elite 334 - 2.5k

Total - 40.2k / 49k

Try to sell your rig and go with Ati 5850 .

If you keep waiting, you have to keep waiting. The price of the 5000 series is quite decent considering the performance it delivers. NVidia’s Fermi is still on paper. God only knows when it might come out. Besides, ATI has been the pioneers in the technology and I believe their cards will be superior to nvidia’s. So, go for the ATI cards right away.

Back