Wanted: Cheap gfx card for 200-300...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajan

Adept
guys i require a very very cheap gfx card... require it for a PII 350 system back home... any card that has 8-32MB memory onboard... looking in the range of 200-300 bucks...

anyone got a card in this range??? if its a good card i might stretch the budget a bit... preferably from chennai as i would directly get the card...

I think you should get a PCI based display card for that price or maybe Rs.500.

Don't expect games or anything and a resolution of 800x600 only.

If you don't find a seller I can get you one from my dealer but you'll have to pay Rs.100 shipping.

i know that i cannot expect any last generation games with a PII 350Mhz... but some old games can be played... The board has a 4x AGP slot.... so thought its better to get a second hand AGP card rather than a PCI card...

anish, what card can u get from ur dealer? and how much?

Hmm, in that case a GF2 should be good enough for you.

I was talking about a PCI based card, don't know what make and all, but I suggest you stick to a GF2 somebody should be selling one here...

How come you have a AGP slot for an P2 based motherboard.Can you tell me your motherboard model?

The mobo is Intel SE440BX-2 and it supports PII, Celeron and PIII upto 600Mhz...

how much does the cheapest AGP card in the market cost?

Hmm, can't say you'll have to check that out. If your in Mumbai, then head to Lamington Road, you'll definately find something there ;)

Get a sis 6326 8 MB AGP card for your P2 system. Was most popular with the similar AGP config that was introduced first with p2s. Shouldnt cost you more than 300 bux. And has an ubiquitous presence in most computer shops.

^^ :rofl: !

Look around buddy, you'll definately find yourself something. Get a TNT2 or GF2 if maybe you can strectch to 500-600. But then your proccy will be a bottleneck :p

if u were 15 days earlier ... i could have managed u a volari v3 128/64 .. 10 of those were sold .. each were $4 only :S

try riva tnt2 :)

anyone here with tnt2? where else do u guys recomend for buying at this rate...

i checked out ebay but there were no cards for less than 500

The system back home has a 1MB card and it looks like it might die anytime... My parents use that system and so a card for gaming is not required... since it is a PII 350 system getting a new card would definetly be a overkill... thats why wanted a cheap alternative...

archish the card that u told is it not a 1MB card? i need atleast a 4 MB card so that i could play games like AOEII, NFS2 when i go home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back