Wanted Geforce 6600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ! Thanks for all the replies, im going to good old Lamington Road tommorow. But I was wondering does Gainward still have only one year warranty and where I can get in in LR.

If yes then I will buy the BIG 6600 GT and if no then I might go in for the gainward one as I dont usually overclock and so the Gainward card is a good choice for someone like me. :eek:hyeah:

Also I found out that I will need some molex connector. Where do I get it and where do I connect it ? Besides a graphics card, what else is it used for ? I have a genric 300 W power suppply. Is it enough ? :huh:

^^ A molex connector, is the same power connector that is used for your Disk drives/Optical drives. Your power supply should have enough of these molex connectors. If your gfx card needs a molex connector, simply utilise one of the unused ones.

A 300W PSU is a bit low, especially since it is a generic brand and not a quality one like Antec, FSP, etc. If possible, try getting a Powersafe 400W PSU. Should cost somewhere around ~ 1.4K. You can try running the card with your current PSU. However if you start facing random problems/blue screens, rebooting, hanging, etc , you'll know your PSU is being stretched past its limit.

Got a BIG Geforce 6600 GT today for 9.4k. Searched for a Gainward card but was met with blank stares. The card is great with a new hsf which covers the ram chips as well as the core.

@Crazy_Eddy : Why did you have to be right ? :mad: The damm thing just hangs after a few minutes of booting but not before my Asus probe keeps beeping saying that the 5V line is dangerously low ( around 4.7V). And I dont have time to go to LR anytime soon so I went to the local computer shop and ordered a Powersafe 400W PSU for 1550. So right now the card is a great paperweight (its pretty heavy)

Anyways here is a pic of the card.

Attachments

• 57PF0009.jpg
    57PF0009.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Also I used to have an ATI card before and used Omega drivers. What are the best drivers for Nvidia. There are so many 77.xx 66.xx 4x.xx and what not ! :huh:

Get the XG Forceware 76.50.... they are the best in my system. I tried one set of 77.xx but it corrupted all my videos. and once I installed the older drivers, they worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back