Wants a Mobile Phone [ Please Suggest ]

Amarbir

Skilled
Well,

thanks in advance for helping me out here ,i would like to buy a new mobile phone .i need the following facilities .

• Unlimited Address book
  • I Want To Access Internet Via It "Using USB Or Wifi Or Bluetooth "
  • 3G i Would Like To Use For high Speed Access of internet
  • Camera With Good Picture And Video Recording "Would like to take closeup pics of my material and also general photos of kids and family
  • would like to try a complete touchscreen model
  • i do not like the iphone4 i hate the design i like the older once though
  • i am strongly wanting to buy google nexus one
  • budget 30k types

Re: Amarbir - Wants a Mobile Phone [ Please Suggest ]

malhotraraul said:
the phone was not launched officially in INDIA so there is ZERO chance for manufacturer warranty, rather go for any local trusted dealer who can vouch for dealer warranty.

you know, when i was a school kid & saw THE WALKMAN first, i always dreamed of having it, saved my pocket money bit by bit & brought one & i thought "THIS IS IT"

now what i have is, phone, messaging, camera, movie, music, games etc etc etc all in one, every info one needs is just one tap away.

i never used much phone devices, brought Nokia 3310 first, Nokia 3315, then Nokia 6600 right when it was launched, iphone 3G & now nexus.
what more will happen is that, the basic features will improve like it will get physical slide keyboard, camera will improve, screen resolution, vibrant colours, ofcourse speed, HD cams & the list goes on & on & on ............
Sir ,

Any Recommended Ebay Dealer .Also i Heard Something About Factory unlocked and Some Operator unlocked models "that have some fundas missing "

You can check out a demo piece of Samsung Wave over at the Akash's Samsung Privilege showroom in Sec 44D. The store belongs to the Uni com guy's (Samsung Distributor), the same guy's that you called up when I was at your place. Just make sure you check out the features, the S-AMOLED display itself is so enticing that you would forget every thing else. I played around with it as well that day, but I opted to go for its bigger cousin, the Android based Galaxy S.

Lord Nemesis said:
You can check out a demo piece of Samsung Wave over at the Akash's Samsung Privilege showroom in Sec 44D. The store belongs to the Uni com guy's (Samsung Distributor), the same guy's that you called up when I was at your place. Just make sure you check out the features, the S-AMOLED display itself is so enticing that you would forget every thing else. I played around with it as well that day, but I opted to go for its bigger cousin, the Android based Galaxy S.
Well,

Assuming I Go For The Google Nexus One ,How Can i get the best deal on ebay ,Also diwali special and other discount coupons

Known Nexus One Hardware Issues - Will it be fixed? - Android Help

Also the phone has been discontinued i think.

On July 16, 2010, Google announced that the next shipment of Nexus One smartphones would be the last to be sold on their web store, stating "While the global adoption of the Android platform has exceeded our expectations, the web store has not. It’s remained a niche channel for early adopters, but it’s clear that many customers like a hands-on experience before buying a phone."[98] The device will continue to be sold through retail stores, and other channel partners.[99][100]

As of November 1st, 2010 Google will close the Nexus One support forums, redirecting users to the Google Mobile forum, which only have categories for software. The message shown to users was: "The Nexus One forum will be archived and become read-only on November 1st. Please see the Nexus One Terms of Sale for details regarding support. If you have questions about using applications on your Nexus One post them to the Google Mobile Forum."[101]. Also worthy of note is that the link to Terms of Sale on that message has not mention of support, contrary to what the message implies.

Just root the phone then flash it with custom rom. You will find plenty of them. I really loved this phone and was planning to get one but these issues just put me off especially when i was coming from iPhone.

malhotraraul said:
no bad points sirji, you have taken the right decision which you will Never regret.

AB TO PARTY BANTI HAI BHAI !!!!!
Well,

What i did was funny [ even we old people tend to do that ] .Well here goes the story .I paid for google nexus 6 months back to a seller in usa .they charged me 4% extra for paypal transaction .Then they said that they cannot ship items beyond usd 200 that time as i have a limit there .Well i said return my money they said 4% again lol i said ok fine .I was robbed for 8% of the transaction value lol .Then i used a discount coupon 5% and a Paisapay EMI scheme And Paid Kaira electronics But he has still not shipped nor refunded my payment lol ,Then i paid another seller 28k damn and got it next day .i have it in hand feelllllllllsssssssssssssss nice ......

khanvis2009 said:
Only one problem ordering a n1 vs a desire . Desire u get warranty n1 u don't . Both are almost the same but desire is a bit better in terms of battery life
Well,

Can someone tell me the battery life of this,I find it okiesh types but if all features are used i think it will die soon .Also all these sets are kinda old and sold as new here i think .Any suggestions in getting a great battery .

EDIT: Oh. You already bought n1...

What about the other HTC 7 Mozart?

Its got an all aluminum body and a Xenon Flash.

Seems nice, but I do not know about its availability...

Back