Warranty Claim for Used PC Components

depakjan

Disciple
Hi All,
Need some clairty about Used product warranty claims, my friend had bought a GPU Zotac one , he has the original receipt from the first buyer also he had purchased a fresh RMA'ed one , so ofcourse warranty has been used once, now after using for about 8 months , he is facing coil whine issues and temps are hitting high 80's (previously he wasnt pushing the card that much, just using for 1080p but now 4k ) , so was going for warraanty claim again. We went to Kaizen infoserve and they said this card is already having registered phone number in the system and they would be sending the OTP to that number during pickup , we asked them to change and they were saying if we put new number it can cause rejection, so we came back not to take any risk, i know we can still speak with the original owner and all but i just want to see if i can avoid that.

Also in general does this mean anytime we purchase used componenets we still need to be in good contact with the original owner for the claims and so on, is that the expectation ? because we cant know if the original owner will help us all the time and this makes me wonder if buying used components with warranty are even worth it.

What are your thoughts on this guys?

Last edited:
Quite possibly if otp comes into play. You need to be in touch with the first owner.
Same for me, I bought a brand new gpu on someone else's deal but he is happy to help if in case the need arises. I just need to provide his details or best ship the gpu to him.

I faced the same issue with crucial RAM RMA, same, Kaizen. After arguing for a few minutes, they finally agreed. Tell them something which they can't easily refuse, like you changed your number and the old one is no longer active or something.

They have the option to change the number, these are just unnecessary drama. Don't know how it helps as the company is not going to pay extra for refusing RMA. Not is it going to charge money for accepting RMA.

...temps are hitting high 80's (previously he wasnt pushing the card that much, just using for 1080p but now 4k )
It is also summer now, so higher temps are expected in our tropical nation.

4k vs 1080p won't matter unless your friend was playing with Vsync enabled or fps capped on 1080p, the GPU would try to render as many frames as the CPU can push, i.e. it would always be running close to 100%

I faced the same issue with crucial RAM RMA, same, Kaizen. After arguing for a few minutes, they finally agreed. Tell them something which they can't easily refuse, like you changed your number and the old one is no longer active or something.

They have the option to change the number, these are just unnecessary drama. Don't know how it helps as the company is not going to pay extra for refusing RMA. Not is it going to charge money for accepting RMA.
Yes i will try this next time, but the the guy says i can do it but he was like i am seeing many rejections due to this and i am just warning you.

It is also summer now, so higher temps are expected in our tropical nation.
Yea agreed, the coil whine is what is so annoying and some screeching noise, it feels like it may burst out if we keep playing

4k vs 1080p won't matter unless your friend was playing with Vsync enabled or fps capped on 1080p, the GPU would try to render as many frames as the CPU can push, i.e. it would always be running close to 100%

Believe me, 4k defenitely puts more load even though it says 100%, the 100% load of 1080p vs 100% load of 4k is diffeerent due to power draw and much moren factors, depends on games as well (recent UE5 ones for example).

Believe me, 4k defenitely puts more load even though it says 100%, the 100% load of 1080p vs 100% load of 4k is diffeerent due to power draw and much moren factors, depends on games as well (recent UE5 ones for example).
He's right. Unless you're playing with a frame rate cap, resolution won't matter. The game will stress the card out to the fullest.

If it's a high end card, it is entirely possible that vsync/gsync was preventing the card from being stressed due to lower frame rate possibilities.

Back