Warranty for old stock ?

if its the later case then why would anyone buy from offline because offline stores have lot of old stock as they hoard alot

Most offline stores only have empty boxes on display — they will call and order directly from the distributor who has a shop in the same complex/building when you purchase something of high value.

The only things they keep in stock are low end motherboards, 1tb hard drives and 8gb sticks of ram. And maybe those sub 1k power supplies.

Of all the hardware I've purchased in all these years, I've never had issues with offline stores. However after covid, they're often more expensive because they know you will pay extra to get the product right then and there instead of waiting for shipping.

Not as per official replies from WD/zotac/asrock if stock is too old (say 1 year or more). Fk words don't mean a thing.
@chetansha
This is definitely an anti-customer policy. In online portal how a consumer know if the product is an OLD STOCK unless the website highlights that on the product page. Also the product page itself says 3years warranty on the product. Even if the manufacturer denies the warranty FK should be held responsible for it.

This is definitely an anti-customer policy. In online portal how a consumer know if the product is an OLD STOCK unless the website highlights that on the product page. Also the product page itself says 3years warranty on the product. Even if the manufacturer denies the warranty FK should be held responsible for it.
True & I intend to make fk responsible by raising the case in national consumer helpline once my credit card bank gives me their final reply.

How do they define old stock, old is old.... it can be 1 day or 1yr.
You really think there is no difference in buying a 1 day old product & 1 year old product? I think it is safe to assume that any product having 2/3 years warranty & 1 year or more old can be considered abnormally old for the purpose of warranty.

You really think there is no difference in buying a 1 day old product & 1 year old product? I think it is safe to assume that any product having 2/3 years warranty & 1 year or more old can be considered abnormally old for the purpose of warranty.
Why would a consumer assume? Companies should define old product that are subject to warranty from date of manufacturing.

Why would a consumer assume? Companies should define old product that are subject to warranty from date of manufacturing.
See my earlier posts, companies do not sell "1 year+ old products" via their official resellers so if someone is buying such a product then it did not come from an official reseller which is the direct violation of almost all companies warranty T&C. It is purely flipkart/seller's fault unless they are authorized reseller of the brand old stock they sold but in that case they wouldn't be allowed to sell such old stock in the first place.

See my earlier posts, companies do not sell "1 year+ old products" via their official resellers so if someone is buying such a product then it did not come from an official reseller which is the direct violation of almost all companies warranty T&C. It is purely flipkart/seller's fault unless they are authorized reseller of the brand old stock they sold but in that case they wouldn't be allowed to sell such old stock in the first place.
I haven't been in this situation where warranty was reduced to date of manufacture so can't comment about that but if company T&C says sellers can't sell old stock then they shouldn't give any warranty at all. If they are honoring a sale then the warranty should be either defined that after XXX days/Months the warranty will be counted from date of manufacturing and not from date of purchase.

I haven't been in this situation where warranty was reduced to date of manufacture so can't comment about that but if company T&C says sellers can't sell old stock then they shouldn't give any warranty at all. If they are honoring a sale then the warranty should be either defined that after XXX days/Months the warranty will be counted from date of manufacturing and not from date of purchase.
This is a standard policy globally not to sell too old stock without permission from manufacturer, kind of like how a shopkeeper is not supposed to sell the stuff next day of expiry even if it is perfectly fine. In any case, the base point is that flipkart sellers/retailnet is not an official/authorized seller of brands whose old stock it is selling & you can't buy old stock from their official resellers even if you want.

If a seller, whether official/authorized or not, makes a certain claim and based on that you buy from them, then if that claim turns out to be false, it is a case of misleading advertisement/fraud. If it weren't so, everyone would be advertising lifetime warranties and insane specs on every item, and try to redirect you to the manufacturer in case of issues.

So old or new stock, if they claimed full warranty on their listing, but manufacturer denies it, you can approach the seller for a resolution - in all likelihood giving you a replacement is far cheaper for them than to get involved in a fraud case. Besides your deal is with the seller, not the manufacturer, you don't need to worry about manufacturing/import dates unless you explicitly agreed to reduced warranty terms with the seller. There's a reason Amazon sells refurbished products with seller warranty, and not the remainder from the original sale date.

If a seller, whether official/authorized or not, makes a certain claim and based on that you buy from them, then if that claim turns out to be false, it is a case of misleading advertisement/fraud. If it weren't so, everyone would be advertising lifetime warranties and insane specs on every item, and try to redirect you to the manufacturer in case of issues.

So old or new stock, if they claimed full warranty on their listing, but manufacturer denies it, you can approach the seller for a resolution - in all likelihood giving you a replacement is far cheaper for them than to get involved in a fraud case. Besides your deal is with the seller, not the manufacturer, you don't need to worry about manufacturing/import dates unless you explicitly agreed to reduced warranty terms with the seller. There's a reason Amazon sells refurbished products with seller warranty, and not the remainder from the original sale date.
Flipkart already agree to take back the product & issue full refund but won't replace the product or give appropriate compensation for wasting time/missing chance to buy some other product during the sale which I don't agree with.

Flipkart already agree to take back the product & issue full refund but won't replace the product or give appropriate compensation for wasting time/missing chance to buy some other product during the sale which I don't agree with.
Well, there you go: you get to use a product for free for a limited time. Once people realize they can screw FK back, this practise will stop. If you have the time & energy, you can still file a complaint against them to get damages. FK "graciously" accepting return + refund does not absolve them of their crime. But people are too busy, so this works.

Well, there you go: you get to use a product for free for a limited time. Once people realize they can screw FK back, this practise will stop. If you have the time & energy, you can still file a complaint against them to get damages. FK "graciously" accepting return + refund does not absolve them of their crime. But people are too busy, so this works.
I didn't even use the product, it is lying in its original packaging as don't want to build & assemble everything only to get a resolution weeks later that require me to disassemble the whole pc again. Amount of money in question is not that big of an amt for me but I am fighting more on matter of principle as well as testing my credit card bank which so far hasn't inspired much confidence so might require extra precautions in future while using its card.

If you're more concerned about official warrranty, that's understandable and you should return it for refund.

If you're ok with reduced warranty for reduced price, go ahead and use the product instead of letting it collect dust and giving you anxiety.

If you want to fight against malpractises & misinformation, don't accept refund, proceed legally and claim for damages. No matter what FK say, as a consumer who paid GST, you are protected under law - this includes you get the product you paid for, not some old stock with no/reduced warranty that wasn't explicity mentioned on product page. Offering full refund does not nullify their fraud unless you actually accept their resolution. Even if you ask your bank for chargeback, the amount you paid is what you will get back, nothing more.

I registered an old 970 EVO few months ago.
Let's carry this discussion here.,I put in the serial number of ssd, says valid sn, but unable to find model

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240121_204839_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240121_204839_Chrome.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 52
Back