Graphic Cards Was Mining profitable?

As an experiment on my gaming PC, I used my 5 HDD's from my video library worth 80k to mine CHIA. I got one payout equal to 24k. I did loose my video library (which I worked on for decades) in the process. So I would equate the two and say ," I did not make any money mining".

Last edited:
It is not worth it... only early miners reap good profits that is if they have patience to hold on and sell it at correct time not thinking it will go to moon

but for someone sitting idle not having much to do and have access to bunch of drives than i guess its worth for him

It is not worth it... only early miners reap good profits that is if they have patience to hold on and sell it at correct time not thinking it will go to moon

but for someone sitting idle not having much to do and have access to bunch of drives than i guess its worth for him
Chia mining is dead.

Few basic questions from a noob:

People still do mining ? (for which crypto currency) or its dead for all currencies ?
What is basic necessity for mining, good CPU, GPU, HDD ?
Why are electricity bills soo high, as read in few replies above ?
Someone from my hardware vendor built a machine for 5.5 lakhs for mining which had 10 GPUs last year.

People still do mining ? (for which crypto currency) or its dead for all currencies ?
Someone from my hardware vendor built a machine for 5.5 lakhs for mining which had 10 GPUs last year.
1) 2 months back I was active on mining groups hoping to land a GPU. People were mostly mining Ethereum
2) GPU with good hashrate and lots of power
3) Because of power draw. But don't forget, here there are villages where meter has still not been installed.

if you can arrange free power then mining is always profitable. whether you go solar or steal electricity. Many miners do that only. I am solar so i have free electricity.

Back