Washing machine - Front Loader

teche

Adept
Hello guys, suggest a good Fully-Automatic, Front-Loader Washing Machine.
So far I've seen models from LG, Samsung, IFB & Whirlpool.

Budget would be < 25k & main requirements are durability, good after sales service & off-course the prime functions of washing & drying!

Never buy a whirlpool Product, after sales service is really pathetic.

Even if the service guy visits you (they are more of sales reps than the service guys), he will keep selling you some spares, accessories, insanely priced lime salt cleaners etc rather than doing service for the machine.

(I am telling out of my personal experience)

Whirlpool washing machine- Very poor Service

Whirlpool Washing Machine Complaints - NEVER SEEN SUCH A WORST SERVICE

Whirlpool Washing Machine Complaints

Whirlpool Washing Machine Complaints - Poor quality product!

IFB offers good 4 years warranty on their washing machine range.

The product and wash quality is also very good.

Please verify about service in your area though.

I give a thumbs up to Samsung's service. Especially in a tier-1 city. Even in tier-2's they have a good service presence. I wouldn't recommend Whirlpool. IFB is so-so.

I am also looking to get a washing machine, inclined towards IFB but there are many models in IFB can any one suggest a good one, price range < 25K

I own a Samsung 6.5Kg front loader with built-in water heater for hot wash. I recommend it. It came to around 26-27K. Can be bargained down to 26K.

I have used whirlpool since last 15 years. The machine has been used like hell. But it has always remained under AMC (around Rs 1300 per year). But all the spares have been covered. No doubt that it has a minor breakdown every 2 months and a Major every 2 years. (minor is without any or a cheap spare. Major is like Rs 2000 or more...but it was covered in AMC).

But in our case the machine keeps running due to a large family. So, for me, the service has been good in Delhi. But AMC is a must.

Spares are expensive in siemens and its just a distributor that does the service and service is not available in all places.
my whirlpool SUD701 is now more then 2 years old and no problems whats so ever,still looks,feels good as new.

get IFB. dont go for lower end. check for service in your area first. get ELITE DX or SENORITA DX for ur price <25k.

im using it without any flaw to date for 7 years.

In my opinion,

If its a washing machine, it must be a front loader. Thats how the clothes need to be washed. Dont buy a top loader even its free... you arrange a maid for doing the washing...

Siemens : the best if u get a problem free piece... usually it is the best... price also highest.(the company believe their products never fail.... so not much bothered about customer care..... )

IFB: the best in India.... proven....

LG: similar to IFB finish... due to tight competetion with samsung, they make some of very good quality machine. rate is similar to IFB.

Dont go for samsung... they are best in mobiles, TVs etc. LG shares the bigger chunk in washing machines and refrigerators... thats how they are alligned themselves in the market...

(I bought an LG front loader recently . I went to the dealer to buy an IFB but thought of giving a chance to LG. Sofar satisfied with the performance. )

Videocon.: another Indian brand trusted by many mothers....... they have some good front loaders also...

General assumption is Siemens is best. But after sales service and spares might pose a problem. but I think, they got sucha good machine that, you will not require a repair that frequesntly.

I am having LG machine (7KG) that was bough 6 years back. Only one minor issue till date. Runs absolutely fine. After sales service is very good. There was a vibration problem for my machine and service man said, I need to buy a trolley (Rs. 900) After buying trolley, vribration problem was still there. Afterwards, we came to know that, as the floor tiles were not at exact level, there is a problem. We adjusted machine position and problem solved. I did not pay for the serviceman's visiting fees as I compained that I bought a trolley which did not solve my problem. :)

Hope this helps.

-- Padmanabh

Check this thread
http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/washing-machine-help-30k-max-130415.html

I took a LG 6.5kg front loader and it is going strong from 2+ yrs. Wash quality is good. We always use it with max duration of 1.30 hrs per load. Collors has to be washed separately ( This is onl y issue). I guess if we use the proper mode, this will also be resolved. We are getting an excess power bill of 200 to 300 per month. It will do the laundery of 5 adults, including Jeans, bedwheets etc.

Please note that the item durability depends on your luck as well.One of the this forum member bought the same, his machine died soon.LG has given the full cash back in his case.

Back