Washing Machine Help EDIT: Bought Whirlpool 360 Bloom Wash 8 kg

Punker

Skilled
Looking for a washing machine which will be used twice in a week for washing and everyday for drying.

Capacity - 8kg/7.5kg
Type - Fully Automatic Top Load

Please advice a good and reliable machine as once bought will use it for at least 5 years.

Budget not a problem.

EDIT - Bought Whirlpool 360 Bloom Wash

TIA,
Punker

@Punker:

1.Which one did you buy- 7.2kg or 8kg capacity?

2.How is the vibration during spinning? (Asking this since my machine vibrates during spinning)

3.A few photographs of the machine and a review would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Punker: It'll be great if you can add a video of the spinning mode. It'll help me gauge whether my machine is working normally or not :)
Also, which LG machine you had previously?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Even I am interested in getting a fully automatic washing machine and since front loading machines require a high water pressure, many salesman in many stores recommended a top loading fully automatic machine, and while searching for one here, I stumbled upon this thread.

So guys, for how much did you get the Bloom Wash washing machine for ? Also mention the kg with your price - 7.2 kg or 8 kg ?

Also, does it require high water pressure ? I live in an apartment and we only get high water pressure in the morning for 20 mins. After that, our water tanks get filled up and we get regular slow water pressure. Do you guys think it is enough for this machine ?

Thanx a lot in advance for all the help :)

Hey guys,

Even I am interested in getting a fully automatic washing machine and since front loading machines require a high water pressure, many salesman in many stores recommended a top loading fully automatic machine, and while searching for one here, I stumbled upon this thread.

So guys, for how much did you get the Bloom Wash washing machine for ? Also mention the kg with your price - 7.2 kg or 8 kg ?

Also, does it require high water pressure ? I live in an apartment and we only get high water pressure in the morning for 20 mins. After that, our water tanks get filled up and we get regular slow water pressure. Do you guys think it is enough for this machine ?

Thanx a lot in advance for all the help :)

I got 8kg for 26k. I also live in a flat and yes it works at low water pressure and it takes time to fill the machine's tank.

Do you think this is the best model to go for ? Any other models you can suggest ? How is your experience with this machine ?

We are only 2 people here, me and the mrs, so I think 7.2 kg otta be more than enough, even if we get a baby down the line. What do you think :)

For now, I have searched on the internet, and the best deal after discounts I can get is 7.2 kg for 23k :) I am thinking of going for the EMI option with HDFC credit card, although I will be checking out the local stores, etc. :)

Do you think this is the best model to go for ? Any other models you can suggest ? How is your experience with this machine ?

We are only 2 people here, me and the mrs, so I think 7.2 kg otta be more than enough, even if we get a baby down the line. What do you think :)

For now, I have searched on the internet, and the best deal after discounts I can get is 7.2 kg for 23k :) I am thinking of going for the EMI option with HDFC credit card, although I will be checking out the local stores, etc. :)
Machine is good BUT the spinning sensor went kaput a week ago and had to be replaced. After sales is good as he changed the part within 2 days.

You can also check LG or Samsung machines.

Hey guys,

I need an update on the build quality of Whirlpool Bloomwash. I am feeling a little big skeptical after reading horror stories on consumercount.in, etc.,

@Punker How long has it been since you bought it ? You said the spinning sensor went kaput. Any other problems besides that ?

@Chiranjib Hey there bro, when did you buy this machine ? Any problems with it ? Now, I am concerned about the durability of these hi-tech machines and thinking may be I should just get the semi-automatic ones, which are long-lasting and easy to fix, but to tell you the truth, I am also looking on the other aspect, that is comfort to my wife who is going to be a would-be mother :)

Please enlighten me :)

Hey guys,

I need an update on the build quality of Whirlpool Bloomwash. I am feeling a little big skeptical after reading horror stories on consumercount.in, etc.,

@Punker How long has it been since you bought it ? You said the spinning sensor went kaput. Any other problems besides that ?

@Chiranjib Hey there bro, when did you buy this machine ? Any problems with it ? Now, I am concerned about the durability of these hi-tech machines and thinking may be I should just get the semi-automatic ones, which are long-lasting and easy to fix, but to tell you the truth, I am also looking on the other aspect, that is comfort to my wife who is going to be a would-be mother :)

Please enlighten me :)

I bought this machine in June 2013. I haven't faced any other problem beside this. Semi-automatic is good if you have water issues at your place else go for fully automatic for peace of mind. I would suggest to go for fully automatic and buy extended warranty which costs around 3-4k for 1-2 years.

Water issues are not there. The only reason I am NOT able to get the front loaders is water pressure since we only get very high pressure in the morning for 15 to 20 mins when our tanks (above the bathroom in my flat) get filled. Once the tanks are filled, there is no water issue but water pressure obviously returns to slow to normal since taps are being fed water from the tanks at 12 feet height above the bathroom :) Just the regular middleclass man's flat :)

Last edited:
@ravihpa : The machine (8kg) is serving us well till now and it really does its job of cleaning clothes well. However, if you have low water pressure in your house, better to go for semi- automatic machine. Semi automatics are also supposed to be far more reliable than automatic ones, but does require manual intervention and effort.

@Punker : My machine does vibrate during spinning, the extent of which varies from cycle to cycle. However the machine does not vibrate to the extent that it dislodges itself from its position. WOuld be great of you can post a short video of the machine during the spinning cycle with load.
Also, what exactly is the spin sensor? How did you get to know it failed and needed a replacement?

@ravihpa : The machine (8kg) is serving us well till now and it really does its job of cleaning clothes well. However, if you have low water pressure in your house, better to go for semi- automatic machine. Semi automatics are also supposed to be far more reliable than automatic ones, but does require manual intervention and effort.

Hi Chiranjib,

Do you think regular to slow water pressure will deter the performance of this top loader machine ? I was under the impression that slow/regular water pressure will not be an issue with this machine. Even @Punker has his washing machine in a regular flat like mine with the same scenario :)

Most of the wheels on these machines..have locks. They do not budge / move when the high-spin (dry) is activated.

@Punker : My machine does vibrate during spinning, the extent of which varies from cycle to cycle. However the machine does not vibrate to the extent that it dislodges itself from its position. WOuld be great of you can post a short video of the machine during the spinning cycle with load.
Also, what exactly is the spin sensor? How did you get to know it failed and needed a replacement?

Will surely upload a video tomorrow. Regarding the spin sensor, when I tried to start spin cycle machine showed error 515 or something. Engineer came and opened the machine and checked the wires then he replaced the sensor in machine with the one he got for checking and he told me that sensor has gone kaput and new one will be provided to me. Till the sensor was not replaced machine was working only on wash cycle.

@Punker : Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the video :)
@ravihpa : For most automatic machines (Bloomwash included for sure), there is a maximum time for every activity, including water filling. If the maximum time elapses in any activity, the machine will sound an alarm. You may go through the user manual for Bloomwash available at Whirlpool India website. I guess a water flow rate of 12-15 litres/ min should suffice. However trickling water flow won't suffice for sure.

@Punker : Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the video :)
@ravihpa : For most automatic machines (Bloomwash included for sure), there is a maximum time for every activity, including water filling. If the maximum time elapses in any activity, the machine will sound an alarm. You may go through the user manual for Bloomwash available at Whirlpool India website. I guess a water flow rate of 12-15 litres/ min should suffice. However trickling water flow won't suffice for sure.

Video -

Sorry for video quality.

Back