Watch Tesla’s new Model S tri-motor Plaid prototype run lap faster than McLaren P1 *Yawns & rolls eyes*

Digigear

Disciple
So Tesla just announced their new Model S Plaid version that is capable of going from 0 - 60 mph in less than 2 seconds. And has 1100hp, all wheel drive. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else feel this whole thing is beyond ridiculous? On the one hand I feel like we're still in the stone ages in India compared to what's going on with EV in the US and elsewhere, but also I feel like this whole thing is unnecessary from a consumer necessity perspective, even though it's SUPER exciting from a tech perspective. Thoughts?

More of a motorcycle guy but here's my view.

It's great to see electric cars becoming more relevant, efficient, and safer as the time progresses but even electricity needs to be generated from somewhere which most people forget. Nuclear energy will probably be the breakthrough we need. I absolutely hate electric cars and bikes for their absolute silence, I know there are modifiers these days that replicate sound but it ain't no real petrol engine. Watch an F1 race and then a Formula E, you'll know what I mean. Also don't care if an electric car/bike becomes the fastest car/bike in the world, will always prefer the raw sound and feeling on a petrol/diesel engine. If one day, the replication of that feel become as same as the real deal, maybe I'll consider or just petrol engines not being available at all (haha). Until then no interest in electric vehicles.

Back