Water-proof Panasonic Laptops

The Panasonic ToughBooks, extremely rugged and reliable stuff. Was actually designed for the US Military forces - and still is being used by them :)

"We are targetting defence, oil exploration companies, ports, utility companies and all other segments that need to use the notebooks outdoor,"

they are not targeted at the common public, no wonder they are so costly :(

but who needs waterproof laptops anyway ? :D

how come panasonic all of a sudden came into the limelight this sud be handled by big daddies like ibm dell or at least gateway have u heard of any other panasonic brands laptop available atleast i have heard iball i surely feel panasonic only markets and doesnt maufacture anythin

Well vicky clearly u are just running off at the mouth...
look there are two companies - Fujitsu and Panasonic - that sell notebook PCs for two to three times the cost of an "equivalent - spec wise" notebook by dell/ibm/acer.
And there is a good reason - these things are damn tuff.
Panasonic used to have a demonstration. A guy would switch on the laptop, and then SMASH it down on the floor. And I do mean fling. Then he would pick it up and lo and behold the laptop would still work without a hitch. They have some mechanism inside which senses a sudden acceleration and cuts power to the HDDs instantly after withdrawing the heads etc....

As Eddy said, they were designed for the military and were launched for civilians for some rich dudes who wanna show off...

KingKrool said:
Well vicky clearly u are just running off at the mouth...
look there are two companies - Fujitsu and Panasonic - that sell notebook PCs for two to three times the cost of an "equivalent - spec wise" notebook by dell/ibm/acer.
And there is a good reason - these things are damn tuff.
Panasonic used to have a demonstration. A guy would switch on the laptop, and then SMASH it down on the floor. And I do mean fling. Then he would pick it up and lo and behold the laptop would still work without a hitch. They have some mechanism inside which senses a sudden acceleration and cuts power to the HDDs instantly after withdrawing the heads etc....

well kingkrool thanks for the info but still havent answered do they do the assembling by themselves and by the way own a fujitsu lifebook myself plzz let me know where in mumbai their service station is as its display has gone bonkers had the display tested on monitor and its the same and even checked up the rams no prob with them thus the video mem gots corrupted plzz pass over the info if u have about fujitsu service centre (pm me)

Back