WC Recommendation - Siphonic or Traditional Washdown? Which brand?

sibot

Adept
Hi,
I know this is an odd topic to start a thread about, but I have been recently undertaking renovation of my home and I am very confused about whether I should go for the regular washdown or siphonic flushing WC in the toilets.

Most of the range from popular brands like Parryware and Hindware nowadays comes with siphonic flushing.

Siphonic seems like the logical choice as it keeps the toilet bowl clean, but I have heard of issues of clogging since the trapway is smaller than the washdown trapway (4").

I wanted to know the feedback of people who have experience with siphonic flushing WCs.

Further, what brand would be good and within budget? I am confused between Hindware and Parryware, whilst brands such as Kerovit also keep popping up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1672746084369.png

Wonder why spend so much on a toilet seat as Siphonic doesn't carry that Clean process and during clogging hands are gonna get Dirty and hassles of plumber coming and cleaning the Shit...

How does siphonic keep the bowl clean? I'd get the one with the biggest opening as with time it can be difficult to clean a smaller opening with a brush and harpic

i recently purchased a WC from another less heard-of (local?) brand named 'soyo', with a rather unique colour & texture (to match my bathroom tiles). washdown type. found its flush-washing quite 'even' & well-covered. have earlier seen some instances of clogging of siphonic/vacuum type of WCs but that was probably failure in vacuum (or clogging? not sure), if siphonic & vacuum systems could be deemed equivalent. dont know about this. the type of flushing-system wasnt a factor while i was one buying one for my bathroom. :rolleyes:

View attachment 156303
Wonder why spend so much on a toilet seat as Siphonic doesn't carry that Clean process and during clogging hands are gonna get Dirty and hassles of plumber coming and cleaning the Shit...
Siphonic seems to be the more popular method in the American region, it has better suction technology and since the water level is higher, there are lesser "marks" on the toilet bowl.

The only reason that siphonic suffers is because of the smaller trapway, I was wondering whether that is really a cause of concern since most reputed brands are focussing on siphonic flushing only now.
i recently purchased a WC from another less heard-of (local?) brand named 'soyo', with a rather unique colour & texture (to match my bathroom tiles). washdown type. found its flush-washing quite 'even' & well-covered. have earlier seen some instances of clogging of siphonic/vacuum type of WCs but that was probably failure in vacuum (or clogging? not sure), if siphonic & vacuum systems could be deemed equivalent. dont know about this. the type of flushing-system wasnt a factor while i was one buying one for my bathroom. :rolleyes:
Yeah, the vacuum works on basic science, here is a good video explaining the concept. So basically if something gets trapped in the trapway, the vacuum cannot be created and the toilet clogs. Good to hear about your experience with an off-brand

WC. I am still on the fence about it, Kerovit and Eros seem to be popular local names in the industry.

How does siphonic keep the bowl clean? I'd get the one with the biggest opening as with time it can be difficult to clean a smaller opening with a brush and harpic

It's not the opening on the top but the opening of the trapway at the bottom that is narrow and a concern. Otherwise, hygiene wise, the siphonic is better since the water level is higher than the washdown method and it vacuums everything out.

It's not the opening on the top but the opening of the trapway at the bottom that is narrow and a concern. Otherwise, hygiene wise, the siphonic is better since the water level is higher than the washdown method and it vacuums everything out.
That's the theory, I've seen commodes with a small opening working off this siphonic principle and it's impossible to clean them after a few years. These also tend to be cheaper than ones with a bigger opening.

That's the theory, I've seen commodes with a small opening working off this siphonic principle and it's impossible to clean them after a few years. These also tend to be cheaper than ones with a bigger opening.
Quite to the contrary, the siphonic ones are more expensive. The premium range in all major brands such as Hindware, Parryware and Jaquar are siphonic now.

Quite to the contrary, the siphonic ones are more expensive. The premium range in all major brands such as Hindware, Parryware and Jaquar are siphonic now.
I don't understand what the big deal is here. Aren't all commodes siphonic in some way already?

When i look at the design of mine which is decades old hindware it has the same curves as that video

I look at the one in one of my apartments and its a Parryware and just roll my eyes at the decision to use it.

You guys talking shit.
--

I don't suppose we can get this in wall mounted commodes. From the videos it seems it'll be difficult to clean siphon based commode.

Either way, don't get a commode with a flat bottom or your pee will bounce back towards your pants.

Would say "Sandaas ko bss sandaas hi rehne do"! Dont experiment for a mere 10-15min job, invest in some better stuffs around!

Back