WCG Troubleshooting.(Have any questions, problems regarding clients or WCG?Post here)

Ya funky. :)

I think setting the kill service is a waste on the shut down speed on vista. So I will do it manually. ;)

And I made a separate post about the same. I think many people who have started using Vista will benefit from that thread. :)

how do we change the location from where disk space can be used...say i have just 2Gb left on my C: but have more than 10G left on D: and E:...i want BoinC client to use disk space on D/E instead of C...is there a way?...

You did not mentioned the client. I presume you are using BIONC.

You cant change drive in BIONC. You have to install BIONC in the drive you want it to use.

netbakwas said:
how do we change the location from where disk space can be used...say i have just 2Gb left on my C: but have more than 10G left on D: and E:...i want BoinC client to use disk space on D/E instead of C...is there a way?...
Justinâ„¢ said:
You did not mentioned the client. I presume you are using BIONC.
Fast reading ? :p

@ netbakwas - Yes, what Justin said is correct. Just copy your entire BOINC directory into the new folder, adjust the shortcuts and you'll be back from where you left off ;)

Yes. But the amount of cruching will be lower if you do use two clients because both clients will use memory for themselves. It will also hog down your system, may even crash it too!!

Sticking with one client is better here.

You can shift your BOINC to D: without loosing any work.

Do this step wise.

1. Shut down the boinc client.

2. Go to C:\Program files. From here copy entire BOINC folder and paste it to D:\Program files

3. Now uninstall the BOINC client from add remove program.

4. Reinstall it again but this time give D:\Program files as the path. This will install it over the copied folder maintaining current work and stats.

DONE.

my rig has be down since 2 days from 9am to 6pm due to the re-wiring being done in my house, and will be down for the same time tommorrow also.

anyway to hide the WCG icon from the taskbar ? i have mulitple people using my PC,people tend to close the Client by Mistake.

this Happens with my friends too...anway to run WCG in the backround where by it shows only in the processes ?

Back