Storage Solutions WD Black Green or Blue

achadha7

Disciple
still havent decided what brand but the more i read the more confused I get. :huh:
I need a SATA HDD for the Popcorn Hour I will be getting. this drive will be internal to the NMT and will be used to plavy Video and Audio and some picture slideshows.
Which one do i need ? BLACK GREEN OR BLUE ?:huh:

black is suggest for gaming work stations and speed intensive systems.

it has two processors inside HDD.

for normal purpose,Green is preferred.

get one with 32mb buffer and u r done.

^^ Not controllers, processors only.

Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance.

Blue is not available in large capacities.

500gb is bare minimum now a days.

so better look for new generation drives with large capacities.

achadha7 said:
still havent decided what brand but the more i read the more confused I get. :huh:
I need a SATA HDD for the Popcorn Hour I will be getting. this drive will be internal to the NMT and will be used to plavy Video and Audio and some picture slideshows.
Which one do i need ? BLACK GREEN OR BLUE ?:huh:

For watching movies and such...I recommend the green edition. Quieter, cooler and economical - both in terms of power and price. It's more than enough for the said application.

Black is the fastest one , probably the one with 32MB Cache. There seems to be no difference between the AAKS (Blue) and the AACS (Green).

The Green 640GB (WD640AACS) came out a little later than the Blue (WD640AAKS). That's why most users prefer blue over the green one I guess.

There's absolutely no price difference between the green and the blue one locally (Referring to Nehru Place in New Delhi). Although the black ones are comparatively expensive!

For your requirements , I would definitely recommend the Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB for 2.7k. Although if somehow you can afford the 1TB Black , get it eyes closed. (PS - Available for 5.5k-6k Locally)

Also one more thing before you actually ask it. No , you won't be able to find the 500GB / 640GB version of the WD Black anywhere in India as of now. If you did , you will actually be the lucky one!

Definately not getting a black given the heat and since it will be internal to the A110 which has no fans and it may run for d/l torrents and if ihave to spend 5kish i would rather get the 1 TB external

Back