WD hard disk tampering

Kuantum

Adept
Always had good experience with WD but recently a new hard disk which was DOA was declared tampered and returned. The hard disk was definitely tampered but not by me.
The top cover with serial number was original but the lower portion was definitely replaced by another. At this point its my word against theirs.

My advice is to take multiple pictures of the product before shipping so these kind of fraud do not take place. So I'm stuck with a irreplaceable hard disk.

Get on WD community and post the issue there. It might be helpful.

Thanks for the suggestion. Posted the issue on WD community forum with images. Posting images here too... Tampering is clearly visible

HDD1.jpg HDD2.jpg

Anyone familiar with WD corporate structure in India. Are there any official company reps here ?
Who is the parent company of Flextronics Technologies (India) Pvt Ltd that services hard disk ?

WD India called up and decided to replace the hard disk as a one time offer. I've asked about tips on avoiding these kind of issues and suggested screenshots before dispatch. Transport damage is not covered so any screenshots wont help. So probably the best option is to insure the hard disk before sending it. Internal investigation is maintaining no tampering was carried out.

Posting on WD forum definitely helped :)

Back