Video WD TV HD Live Media Player

Update

Got my wdtv live yest and hooked it up, working like a charm. My first time with media player device and i am simply loving it. If there is anything that i can answer, then pls shoot.

20north has increased the price to Rs 9710, with duty and shipping it will come around Rs.13402 non gift price and Rs11816 for gift price. For this price it is nor worth the money.

You can buy a descent blue ray player by adding 2K, eg, LG BD 370 is avilable for around Rs 16k. It has dvd SD upscaling, xvid, divx, mkv playback thro USB, network connection etc. And you get full fledged blueray player as well as HDD media player.

I think some folks listed WD TV Live for Rs 10500, after seeing that 20north people also increased price. In my opinion wd tv live is not worth for 13.5K. Better go to nearby LG show room, see LG BD 370 you will be impressed for sure.

Even xtreamer is available for Rs 8990 + Rs350 for shipping from xtreamer.in. It was earlier considered costly, but after seeing WD TV Live price hike xtreamer is cheaper. It has many more features apart from wireless network connectivity. Why WD TV People don't understand this when fixing price. People who buy such electronics items will definitely do some research on internet, compare features with price then only come to buying decision.

Am I right?

WD TV is just USB HDD media player. You cannot connect to your home network usinh ethernet or USB wireless dongles. Simply copy files to your USB drive, connect usb drive to wd tv and play to your HD TV.

WD Live is with network connectivity. Your home network shared folders will be visible within WD TV Live. It has ethernet port. That is the only difference.

Xtreamer has USB connectivity, ethernet connectivity, wifi connectivity too. And is cheaper than WD TV Live.

tryst said:
Hi,

Is it possible to connect a Bluray drive via USB and play the content through the WDTV HD Media Player?

Thanks

Yes, You can. :)

As of now DVD Mod is out which you can install on WD TV, Not sure if BD works.

Back