Video WD TV HD Media Player Remote not working

hey guys, just received the WD TV HD Media player from KMD today, i connected it to the TV, got the display and tried playing a file with the remote, but the player dint respond to the remote, i tried changing the battries 3 tiems, it still dint work, :mad: so has anyone else having one of these faced any such problems? is there anything i can do? i know the remote isnt defective coz when i fire it up infront of the webcam i can see the IR being fired, its just that my player isnt registering any remote commands... can anyone help,,
is my unit defective? what do i do.. ?? :(

i have the same problem with the second unit i got from KMD. The remote seems to be working but there seems to be a problem with the IR reciever of the unit. PMed KMD abt it..hope there is some kind of warranty/exchange deal at the site he picked em up from.

Its not a problem abt the player not playing certain files. Its abt the non response of the player to the remote. The player itself does not have any buttons on it to navigate/select thru the menu so without the remote its pretty much just a good lookin shiny box.

PS: just got a pm from KMD asking me to send it back to him for replacement. Pretty cool considering that i was thinking of openin it n messin arnd with it.

yeah.. as said by espeez its not bout the TV coz even i read bout the samsung philips thingy before posting here.. and so i tried it on Sony, sansui, akai, samsung, onida and LG TV.. but nothing worked. the player was still not responding to the remote.. so its definetly the IR receiver of the player thats faulty.. well i still havent received any PM by KMD, but ill send the package back to him first thing tomm.... i just hope it doesent takes weeks and weeks for a replacement.. :fingers crossed:

i just baught same wd media player from kmd and my remote also not working tell me how u got solved ur remote problem anyone from this forum can help plz awaiting for ur reply:huh:

Back