Budget 41-50k Web and Software Development Company, Need help building Office Computers.

iTechSIR

Disciple
Hey People,

I'm new to this forum and just joined after checking out few threads which got me interest in posting my own one now.

So as the title says, I'm in process of starting an IT Company and we will be providing various services to our clients.

Now before someone thinks I'm a newbie in this industry, Let me tell you, I'm not newbie and have been into this software and web development business for over 4 years now and already have a part-time team in EU (I don't say we are experts, but we're doing good in our business, so wanted to scale this up and make it full-time).

So coming back to the main point, I'm not that good in building computers and don't have much knowledge of what to do in order to achieve my goals.

To get started, I'm thinking of hiring up to 10 engineers to work (Comfortably), So i might want to build 10 Computers which are connected to one main computer (Admin) and I'm looking for a solution to make sure things are up-to-date on all computers, Such as the projects the team is working on, databases, applications, version controlling, .etc.

So its like a cloud computing thing I'm looking for (I might be wrong, So please correct me), Which can be accessible from all the computers (Project files, version controlling, database, auto backups, .etc.), I'm not sure what this thing is really called or how i can achieve this.

I came across this private cloud called "TigerCloud" by Zenith Infotech and their features looks like similar to what I'm looking for, but not sure how it's connected to computers and stuff like that or maybe it's not for me.

Anyway so here my answers to the questions copied from the template thread.

Q: What is your budget?
50k-60k for each computer (I'm flexible, so if few thousand rupees is higher, it's still fine).

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
I don't have any existing hardware config for office, but personally right now i have,
Sony Vaio F Series i7 Laptop, iMac i5, Some other PC which i don't use and i don't know it's config either.

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
I have no hardware for office purpose yet.

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Processor - Intel 3.5 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i7 3770K (We do lot of multitasking, so i think this should be perfect, If you guys have better suggestions for multitasking then let me know, still making up a list).

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
If things are going good, I might upgrade to higher config if it's required.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bangalore - SP Road (Or any better place if anyone can suggest)
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Multitasking (Lots of development work and testing)
Graphic Designing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
As per my personal experience, Seagate's HDD got screwed in just 1.5 year (Lost 80% data). So i think i do not want to buy again as it's not safe for the company.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
No Games.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Desktop - 1920x1080p or Higher res. But prefer HD and LED monitor (20" or 22" or Any other but a decent one), Also looking for square base.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Mostly for all
Linux for few.

Main Goals:
- Project Files should be accessible by all users, So if any changes are done on one of the computers, it should make another version and have history (SVN).
- Databases, Applications, .etc should be accessible so we all can work.
- Access control in such a way that the admin could restrict access to specific files (Maybe project wise for different teams).
- Files Backup with custom time specification (Maybe a total different system or something, but need suggestions).

Power backup is already supplied, but for now it's limited to 4 KW (Dunno if this is sufficient for few hours, but willing to upgrade).

Internet connection for now is only 8 MBPS and I would like to upgrade this to higher plans such as 100 MPBS, So need help with suggestion for type of wires i have to use for future proof.

Total approx budget: Rs. 6L-7L

Sorry if the format and my explanations are not clear, if you have any questions, then please ask me.

Looking forward for some good suggestions from experts :)

Thanks

You can use the following config:

Proc: AMD FX8120 (8 cores are more efficient at multitasking and multithreading as compared to quad core)
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX
RAM: Transcend JetRam DDR3 JM1600KLN-4G 2x4GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1 TB
Graphic card: Asus nVIdia Quadro 600 1GB DDR3 or Nvidia quadro 2000 1GB DDR5 (best card series for graphic designing, recommended by Solidworks)
Monitor: Samsung 20 inch LED - S20B300B Monitor
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma
Power supply: Seasonic 520W (please recheck the motherboard and graphic card specs again for this)
Sound: I don't think you would need speakers
Keyboard and mouse: logitech standard wired

You can use the following config:

Proc: AMD FX8120 (8 cores are more efficient at multitasking and multithreading as compared to quad core)
Graphic card: Asus nVIdia Quadro 600 1GB DDR3 or Nvidia quadro 2000 1GB DDR5 (best card series for graphic designing, recommended by Solidworks)
Power supply: Seasonic 520W (please recheck the motherboard and graphic card specs again for this)

Thank you very much for the config suggestion, Appreciate it.

Yes i don't need speakers.

The HDD you suggested "Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1 TB", I think this is the one i had in my previous computer which just failed after 1.5 years, You have any other suggestion for this?
Right now i use WD 1TB HDD (Don't remember it's model, but it's working fine), maybe a better one?
And i just checked that Samsung Monitor, It's base is round, I'm looking for square one mate. Also the Cabinet's design doesn't look good to me.

If you have any other suggestions, then let me know.

Thanks again for posting on my thread :)

An Intel Core i7 quad-core consumes lesser power and performs better than the so-called octa-core processor --> AnandTech - Bench - CPU. Even for heavy multi-tasking Intel Core i7's make a lot more sense.

Please do not suggest Transcend RAM modules they have a very poor after sales network. Also instead of LED-backlit monitor an eIPS based solution will be better for his needs.

@iTechSIR I suggest that you go for the following configuration --
Intel Core i7 3770 (non-k as you are not over-clocking) ~18000/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/- [add more RAM later as this will really help in your graphics / design suite and rendering of the images / canvas]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4800/-
LeadTek nVidia Quadro 600 ~9000/- [a entry-level card for graphics related workloads] OR Quadro 2600 ~22000/- (not sure of the price) [this is a mid-range professional card]
Corsair GS500W ~4000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2800/-
DeLL U2312M ~15000/- [this is an eIPS-panel based monitor, better colour reproduction and accuracy than the majority of the cheaper TN-panel offerings, for more on topic --> LCD Panel Technology - S-IPS, VA, Super PLS and TN Monitors, I am an animation student so worked with a few design / art suites myself my peers preferred panels of ~22" and wider for some reason]
LOGITECH multimedia combo ~700/- [decent mouse + keyboard]
add a basic VoIP headset for sound if you feel like music whilst working and for movies etc etc.

Later on you can add an SSD to the RIG to speed up the boot times and render times further.

Hope this helps and welcome to TE wish you a pleasant stay.

The HDD you suggested "Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1 TB", I think this is the one i had in my previous computer which just failed after 1.5 years, You have any other suggestion for this?

And i just checked that Samsung Monitor, It's base is round, I'm looking for square one mate. Also the Cabinet's design doesn't look good to me.

This is Seagate's latest offering, of late more and more hard-drives are going bad (irrespective of company) so either one can leave you in a lurch. Seagate has a better after sales network in Bangalore than Western Digital, tried and tested by me in person (for a lot of my friend and peers).

If you do not like the looks of the NZXT Gamma, give the Cooler Master eLite 430 BLACK (~3000/-) a look, although I strongly suggest that you go with the Gamma as --
  • better ventilation and airflow in the cabinet interiors.
  • it has a cleaner layout and better cable routing than the eLite 430 [and all other cheaper cabinets].
  • the ugly design principle is responsible for the better airflow.
For shops on S.P. Road that you can give a dekho are --

Last edited by a moderator:
To get started, I'm thinking of hiring up to 10 engineers to work (Comfortably), So i might want to build 10 Computers which are connected to one main computer (Admin) and I'm looking for a solution to make sure things are up-to-date on all computers, Such as the projects the team is working on, databases, applications, version controlling, .etc.

So its like a cloud computing thing I'm looking for (I might be wrong, So please correct me), Which can be accessible from all the computers (Project files, version controlling, database, auto backups, .etc.), I'm not sure what this thing is really called or how i can achieve this.

I came across this private cloud called "TigerCloud" by Zenith Infotech and their features looks like similar to what I'm looking for, but not sure how it's connected to computers and stuff like that or maybe it's not for me.
IMO for this kind of setup, you will need to setup servers. the machines which can run the Database server, SVN Server (Version Controlling), Active Directory, Exchange etc... and then setup a Disaster recovery on these servers.

you could buy some VPS servers over the cloud and then use them. or set them up at your location. if you buy intel servers, I would suggest intel server continuity suite because its our product :p

1. Just because you said "I'm not that good in building computers and don't have much knowledge of what to do in order to ...", may I suggest that it is unlikely you actually need i7. Since you already have access to i5 processor (though I think iMac uses mobile processor, not sure, still it would give some insight), you should install the target operating system for majority of your users i.e. Windows 7, 64 bit. Test it out and see if it works fast enough. If you have some ready to test i3, test that one out too.
You say you need i7 because you do a lot of multi-tasking. If the "task" is not processor bound, with Operating Systems of last 2 decades, single core CPU can do "multi" tasking of 4+ "tasks" with ease. If "tasks" are processor bound, you need different cores for each "task", and even multiple cores for each "task". Simply multi-tasking does not require a higher number of cores, nor an expensive processor.

2. By assembling the system yourself, you are going penny wise and pound foolish, IMHO. What happens when one of the systems starts behaving like crazy? For example, the real reason is that one of the memory modules has developed a fault, but user visible signs are "silent data corruption", check-sums not matching even though correct input is provided, network packet drops etc. How do you diagnose? If you are "not good" at building computers, fixing them is even harder. When your employees will lose valuable time diagnosing such issues, all the money saved by assembling yourself will be lost , and a lot more.

Call up small business module of Dell / HP / HCL etc. Websites are rarely up-to-date about deals for small businesses. Ask them for a quote on system (and most importantly SUPPORT) for an i3 / i5 system (by now you would have tested which one you need). These pre-built and supported systems have 20-30% mark-up on prices, but come with enormous peace of mind and employee time protection assurance.

An Intel Core i7 quad-core consumes lesser power and performs better than the so-called octa-core processor --> AnandTech - Bench - CPU. Even for heavy multi-tasking Intel Core i7's make a lot more sense.

Please do not suggest Transcend RAM modules they have a very poor after sales network. Also instead of LED-backlit monitor an eIPS based solution will be better for his needs.

Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/- [add more RAM later as this will really help in your graphics / design suite and rendering of the images / canvas]
LeadTek nVidia Quadro 600 ~9000/- [a entry-level card for graphics related workloads] OR Quadro 2600 ~22000/- (not sure of the price) [this is a mid-range professional card]
Corsair GS500W ~4000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2800/-
DeLL U2312M ~15000/- [this is an eIPS-panel based monitor, better colour reproduction and accuracy than the majority of the cheaper TN-panel offerings, for more on topic --> LCD Panel Technology - S-IPS, VA, Super PLS and TN Monitors, I am an animation student so worked with a few design / art suites myself my peers preferred panels of ~22" and wider for some reason]
add a basic VoIP headset for sound if you feel like music whilst working and for movies etc etc.

Later on you can add an SSD to the RIG to speed up the boot times and render times further.

This is Seagate's latest offering, of late more and more hard-drives are going bad (irrespective of company) so either one can leave you in a lurch. Seagate has a better after sales network in Bangalore than Western Digital, tried and tested by me in person (for a lot of my friend and peers).

If you do not like the looks of the NZXT Gamma, give the Cooler Master eLite 430 BLACK (~3000/-) a look, although I strongly suggest that you go with the Gamma as --
  • it has a cleaner layout and better cable routing than the eLite 430 [and all other cheaper cabinets].
Wow! That's a very detailed config man, Very nice. Thanks a lot :)

I have a question regarding the monitor, You suggest eIPS based monitor and it looks good, however it's thicker than LED monitors (That's what i can see), isn't there any eIPS based LEDs? (Sorry if my questions sound stupid, but I'm not really good at hardware side things, maybe even a noob, dunno.)

Can you recommend any other monitors which use LED Backlight and are eIPS based?

IMO for this kind of setup, you will need to setup servers. the machines which can run the Database server, SVN Server (Version Controlling), Active Directory, Exchange etc... and then setup a Disaster recovery on these servers.

you could buy some VPS servers over the cloud and then use them. or set them up at your location. if you buy intel servers, I would suggest intel server continuity suite because its our product :p
I know i need a server, this is why i mentioned about TigerCloud, It starts at Rs.4L and looks good, but just need some one who has actually used it to give a review before i buy this product and then end up throwing or maybe just not utilize the way i want.
Anyway thanks for posting :)

- - - Updated - - -

Corsair GS500W ~4000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2800/-

Wow! That's a very detailed config man, Very nice. Thanks a lot :)

I have a question regarding the monitor, You suggest eIPS based monitor and it looks good, however it's thicker than LED monitors (That's what i can see), isn't there any eIPS based LEDs? (Sorry if my questions sound stupid, but I'm not really good at hardware side things, maybe even a noob, dunno.)

Can you recommend any other monitors which use LED Backlight and are eIPS based?

- - - Updated - - -

1. Just because you said "I'm not that good in building computers and don't have much knowledge of what to do in order to ...", may I suggest that it is unlikely you actually need i7. Since you already have access to i5 processor (though I think iMac uses mobile processor, not sure, still it would give some insight), you should install the target operating system for majority of your users i.e. Windows 7, 64 bit. Test it out and see if it works fast enough. If you have some ready to test i3, test that one out too.
You say you need i7 because you do a lot of multi-tasking. If the "task" is not processor bound, with Operating Systems of last 2 decades, single core CPU can do "multi" tasking of 4+ "tasks" with ease. If "tasks" are processor bound, you need different cores for each "task", and even multiple cores for each "task". Simply multi-tasking does not require a higher number of cores, nor an expensive processor.

2. By assembling the system yourself, you are going penny wise and pound foolish, IMHO. What happens when one of the systems starts behaving like crazy? For example, the real reason is that one of the memory modules has developed a fault, but user visible signs are "silent data corruption", check-sums not matching even though correct input is provided, network packet drops etc. How do you diagnose? If you are "not good" at building computers, fixing them is even harder. When your employees will lose valuable time diagnosing such issues, all the money saved by assembling yourself will be lost , and a lot more.

Call up small business module of Dell / HP / HCL etc. Websites are rarely up-to-date about deals for small businesses. Ask them for a quote on system (and most importantly SUPPORT) for an i3 / i5 system (by now you would have tested which one you need). These pre-built and supported systems have 20-30% mark-up on prices, but come with enormous peace of mind and employee time protection assurance.
Nah most of my use is on my i7, mac is just for mobile app development and i don't use mac much as i rarely work on mobile app development (But later after couple of months will have heavy use for sure).
And i wanted to go with i7 to make sure we are ready with all the requirements for future projects and usage we have planned, There will be high usage and I'm pretty sure it'll need a good processor, I don't want to first buy i5 processors and then after a month waste more money upgrading to i7, makes no sense to me. Why not pre-plan and make sure we are ready to handle all requirements of our clients? And talking about OS, Wins 8 will also be released, So if our systems are future proofed, then it'll be easier to upgrade to new OS (I'm not saying it'll not work in i5 or other processors, but my point is, even if we upgrade to new OS, we still want the systems to run smoothly without any sort of issues).

And Nope, I'm not assembling the system myself, I've got the person who usually does these things for me and he has given me a config (From his links with SP road shops), But the config is not what i was looking for (Obviously these people recommend only those things which make them more profit, Some shitty stuffs as well), So yeah i came here to make up my own list by getting some suggestions from you guys.

And as for the system failure in future, this is why i asked for suggestions to suggest me something (A small server or private cloud like TigerCloud) or something that does auto backups, gives access to all users, etc. I think cloud is what I'm looking for, but have to do more research before i move on further.

And as i said, I've got the person to handle these things (System building, failure checking, fixing, etc.) and after couple of weeks, If required will hire better qualified Admin (Permanently) to maintain these things, So that's not a problem whatsoever.

Also i do not want to go with pre-built systems as they always have some catch and will not have the components which we need. It's best to custom build as per our own requirements.

Thanks for posting anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my previous post is now visible, Kindly ignore as i have already posted above. (Double post)

If you have the guy for building and fixing computers, he is most qualified to suggest configuration too because he would know your use cases much better than any of the members here. You could even hold off your system purchase until aftet hiring the permanent guy.

I don't see how your guy can give next day replacement guarantee that pre-built systems come with, until you buy spares too.

And yes, if your employees will work from home or other remote places, better get laptops with docks.

And Nope, I'm not assembling the system myself, I've got the person who usually does these things for me and he has given me a config (From his links with SP road shops), But the config is not what i was looking for (Obviously these people recommend only those things which make them more profit, Some shitty stuffs as well), So yeah i came here to make up my own list by getting some suggestions from you guys.

Also i do not want to go with pre-built systems as they always have some catch and will not have the components which we need. It's best to custom build as per our own requirements.

Hello iTechSir, you will never get thin eIPS monitors, in-fact professional IPS monitors are much thicker (even with LED back-lighting).

For an eIPS monitor with LED back-light you have the following options --
Also @amitkher has a point, for seamless support and 24 x7 backup of your machines the best option is via the big companies and their workstations / portable workstations (extremely bulky laptops) solution.

You can look at the HP Z series workstations, configure them to your liking and buy them but as long as you are not buying bulk the price will be on the higher end of the scale.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

If you have the guy for building and fixing computers, he is most qualified to suggest configuration too because he would know your use cases much better than any of the members here. You could even hold off your system purchase until aftet hiring the permanent guy.

I don't see how your guy can give next day replacement guarantee that pre-built systems come with, until you buy spares too.

And yes, if your employees will work from home or other remote places, better get laptops with docks.

He might be qualified but as i said in my previous posts, I want to get a better suggestions list as i don't really trust these guys when it comes to buying components for my systems and as per this guy's suggestion, I don't have to buy any PSU for the systems and just use the ones which come with those shitty cabinets and as Detox101 and ALPHA17 suggested, That NZXT Gamma Cabinet indeed looks good in terms of ventilation and airflow (Thanks @ALPHA17 for the good points), So yeah these things are not mentioned by my guy, now you see why i came here for suggestions?

And obviously no one would like to spend money and then within a month or two end up having various issues because of the components and have to replace all again, double lose! At least i do not want to do that, It's better to get suggestions from experienced people.

As for the pre-built systems, Link me to the sites where i can get information of their configs and maybe consider before building my own stuff. And i see your point there btw. I'll think about this after i see the config.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello iTechSir, you will never get thin eIPS monitors, in-fact professional IPS monitors are much thicker (even with LED back-lighting).

For an eIPS monitor with LED back-light you have the following options --
Also @amitkher has a point, for seamless support and 24 x7 backup of your machines the best option is via the big companies and their workstations / portable workstations (extremely bulky laptops) solution.

You can look at the HP Z series workstations, configure them to your liking and buy them but as long as you are not buying bulk the price will be on the higher end of the scale.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Hey, thanks again for the info.

I'll check the monitors while buying and hopefully i can get a live demo.

I checked those workstations you suggested and It's indeed expensive, But very powerful as well, I don't think we need that much power for now. Maybe in future.

Btw i came across this thing called "Network-attached storage (NAS)" and by what i have read online, it allows file sharing over the network to all computers, Do you think this could be the solution to my requirements? If so, can you recommend any good brand NAS device(s) ?

Thanks again :)

May what you need is
one Xeon based linux server which will host all multiple services like web servers ,versioning server ,continuous integration / Build server etc. Try to Virtualized the envrionment for setting different VMs on same server for different configuration of web server test environments.
one backup server in case above server goes kaputtt
One Xeonb based linux server for database
Good backup or DRP storage solution NAS will do in short term but preferably SAN based storage will go long way.

After all this ........... think of going for 10 development workstation pcs which i think i7 laptops are much better choice as they can offer portable working environment more flexible ...... desktop is also good going with standard i7 configuration .
... go for intel xeon series processors and motherboards if really wants some business grade performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont forget good network switch or powerful router for connecting these pcs

Btw i came across this thing called "Network-attached storage (NAS)" and by what i have read online, it allows file sharing over the network to all computers, Do you think this could be the solution to my requirements? If so, can you recommend any good brand NAS device(s) ?

For NAS devices best look towards established players --
I have no idea on their availability and pricing because they are more of an small business / corporate setup than something which most people will use at home. Configuring these for a particular network is easier thanks to the software provided with them.

Hope this helped, Cheerio!

He might be qualified but as i said in my previous posts, I want to get a better suggestions list as i don't really trust these guys when it comes to buying components for my systems and as per this guy's suggestion, I don't have to buy any PSU for the systems and just use the ones which come with those shitty cabinets and as Detox101 and ALPHA17 suggested, That NZXT Gamma Cabinet indeed looks good in terms of ventilation and airflow (Thanks ALPHA17 for the good points), So yeah these things are not mentioned by my guy, now you see why i came here for suggestions?
As for the pre-built systems, Link me to the sites where i can get information of their configs

I am no more making suggestions as they will be fruitless. My observations :

1. You don't trust these guys enough to take suggestions about buying parts. You trust random strangers on the internet more who don't know technical use cases but have just got a layman summary of requirements. And when one of your employees will be wasting time because of a malfunctioning workstation, you have only the same guys to diagnose the issue. Delay / error in judgement of these same guys can then cause you multiple man-days of lost productivity, and extra expense but that expense and its impact to business is welcome.

2. You are getting PCs assembled before having someone trusted, experienced and qualified to administer them. You don't know or don't care that when one knows about faulty backup and licensing compliance strategies, it is already too late.

3. You either don't know or don't care that given enough PCs with heterogeneous users, issues WILL pop up. Question is WHEN not IF.

4. You don't know much about PCs but you know for sure you need an i7 processor. As against the industry thumb-rule - if you don't know your processing power requirements, you far more likely to overestimate it than to underestimate it. Accurate assessment is statistically close to impossible.

5. OEM websites are almost never updated with deals for SMB and SOHO and it is open to negotiation with local sales team; but you insist on a website.

6. Either you are an expert in Software licensing, or you seem to have enough approach with law enforcement agencies as to not worry about BSA.

I am no more making suggestions as they will be fruitless. My observations :

1. You don't trust these guys enough to take suggestions about buying parts. You trust random strangers on the internet more who don't know technical use cases but have just got a layman summary of requirements. And when one of your employees will be wasting time because of a malfunctioning workstation, you have only the same guys to diagnose the issue. Delay / error in judgement of these same guys can then cause you multiple man-days of lost productivity, and extra expense but that expense and its impact to business is welcome.

2. You are getting PCs assembled before having someone trusted, experienced and qualified to administer them. You don't know or don't care that when one knows about faulty backup and licensing compliance strategies, it is already too late.

3. You either don't know or don't care that given enough PCs with heterogeneous users, issues WILL pop up. Question is WHEN not IF.

4. You don't know much about PCs but you know for sure you need an i7 processor. As against the industry thumb-rule - if you don't know your processing power requirements, you far more likely to overestimate it than to underestimate it. Accurate assessment is statistically close to impossible.

5. OEM websites are almost never updated with deals for SMB and SOHO and it is open to negotiation with local sales team; but you insist on a website.

6. Either you are an expert in Software licensing, or you seem to have enough approach with law enforcement agencies as to not worry about BSA.

Instead of making some suggestions or giving me some solutions (If you know any), you're just arguing and observing me? lol
You told me to look with some OEM like Dell / HP / HCL but not providing much information or at least some suggestion on what type of components i might need to achieve my goal.

Are you here to do arguments with people and observe what they are up to or stuff like that?

I considered your point on checking up with Dell and various other companies and i asked to link me if you can, If you say they don't update, then it's fine, I'll maybe call up and check with them personally, But obviously it's my wish to weather check with them or not.

I'm here to get suggestions, not to argue with people on 1 point..lol :D

If you don't have any other suggestions, then i think you should stop arguing and observing me as it really pisses me off (Someone arguing on 1 point and observing what i know, i do, what i want, etc. lol).

I'm going to compile a list of my config soon after i check with the providers to see if they have what i need based on other users suggestions given above.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

May what you need is
one Xeon based linux server which will host all multiple services like web servers ,versioning server ,continuous integration / Build server etc. Try to Virtualized the envrionment for setting different VMs on same server for different configuration of web server test environments.
one backup server in case above server goes kaputtt
One Xeonb based linux server for database
Good backup or DRP storage solution NAS will do in short term but preferably SAN based storage will go long way.

After all this ........... think of going for 10 development workstation pcs which i think i7 laptops are much better choice as they can offer portable working environment more flexible ...... desktop is also good going with standard i7 configuration .
... go for intel xeon series processors and motherboards if really wants some business grade performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont forget good network switch or powerful router for connecting these pcs

Hm...Didn't think of having a linux server, Think i should consider this.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

- - - Updated - - -

For NAS devices best look towards established players --
I have no idea on their availability and pricing because they are more of an small business / corporate setup than something which most people will use at home. Configuring these for a particular network is easier thanks to the software provided with them.

Hope this helped, Cheerio!

Ok thanks again.

In terms of support, Seagate is better or WD?

What about their service centers? Do they have here in Bangalore?

In terms of support, Seagate is better or WD?

What about their service centers? Do they have here in Bangalore?

These are corporate and small business components, call up Seagate India and Western Digital India for more on their warranty.

Here are their links -- Contact Support | Seagate / Contact Us.

I prefer Seagate support myself, never used Western Digital RMA service and have friends who have those drives wait for weeks for the courier system to return their refurbished drives. But this is for desktop drives not NAS / business solution components so your experience will be completely different to mine.

Both companies have service centers near S.P. Road although Western Digital RMA system is now door-to-door.

Back