PC Peripherals Webcam suggestion!!

koolkart

Disciple
hi...plzz suggest a decent webcam
for video chat with friends and family from abroad ( the webcam stays in india;) ) ....absolutely no idea bout webcam prices and models ....i've heard u get them for very cheap like 300 to 400 bucks....really no idea...and btw i'm buying it tomorrow....plzz suggest fast...and some gyaan would also help:)

i have a cheapo zebronics headphones with mic (the 150 bucks one) .....will that be sufficient for video chatting .....do the webcams come with a mic or do i have to buy one seperately ....

koolkart said:
i have a cheapo zebronics headphones with mic (the 150 bucks one) .....will that be sufficient for video chatting .....do the webcams come with a mic or do i have to buy one seperately ....

150 bucks??? i'm sure its a crappy VGA webcam...

Atleast get a decent(Logitech/Creative) VGA or 1.3 mp webcam !

Decent ones cost over 700bucks...

And i'd recommend getting a separate 'Creative' microphone...

thetoxicmind said:
150 bucks??? i'm sure its a crappy VGA webcam...
Atleast get a decent(Logitech/Creative) VGA or 1.3 mp webcam !
Decent ones cost over 700bucks...

And i'd recommend getting a separate 'Creative' microphone...
tnx toxicmind:) ....i meant i have headphones with a microphone...not webcam ...this will be my first experience with webcams:p .... nyways thanks....i'll check out some tomorrow ...

koolkart said:
tnx toxicmind:) ....i meant i have headphones with a microphone...not webcam ...this will be my first experience with webcams:p .... nyways thanks....i'll check out some tomorrow ...

And i meant the microphone embedded with the webcam is not very effective,the most effective being a standalone microphone...

I know Logitech is also a good company but i would recommend Creative. I'm using a Creative webcam since 4 yrs and still its working. Its more like "Value For Money".

Back