Webhost for college site

chip_0

Adept
Hi,

We are running our college portal (DCETECH.COM - Student Resource Portal •) using the lunarpages web hosting service. Although the disk space and bandwidth given are sufficient, our site frequently has downtimes, which according to them is due to over utilisation of CPU/RAM resources (they say it should be less than 1%) :hap5:

So I am looking for a better hosting service. Our current site footprint is

Disk space : 2 GB
Bandwidth : 5GB/month
MySQL databases : 20
Subdomains : 20

The problem is, that most webhosts don't specify things like resource usage and all. I am looking for a good solution that is cost effective as well, please do post any recommendations.

Hostgator.com allowed 25% of total resources & with my little search I found it's the highest against few host offers up to 10% only.

Thanks for the links. Mediatemple is a bit too expensive, I would prefer something around $100 per year or less.

Do hostgater allow 25% resource usage on their Hosting plan? What is the allowed usage by dreamhost?

ujjwal said:
Thanks for the links. Mediatemple is a bit too expensive, I would prefer something around $100 per year or less.

Do hostgater allow 25% resource usage on their Hosting plan? What is the allowed usage by dreamhost?

Hostgator has online sales chat, confirm with them. :)

Thanks

Back