Websites offering gadgets for 10-15% of the original price

sumatrix

Skilled
Hi Guys

I recently came across many websites on Insta selling Apple ,Bose ,Samsung and oter brand products for 10-15% of the original price.

I know this sounded too good to be true and might be scam but he is offering COD. Also has some instagrammers putting up reviews on the same.

The website is www.discountmarketonline.com. He has a whatsapp number too and also groups for each category on whatsapp.

I had messaged him and he gave me a story that he procures directly from the factory and these are surplus goods.

My guess is that this is a first copy made somewhere in Delhi. Do any of you have any experience with such websites?

It's a scam. The way these work is that even for COD, you have to first pay and only then accept the package. The delivery guy (for any delivery service) is instructed to not hand over packages for COD without receiving the money. Once the package is in your hands, and you either get some useless item or some copy, you can do nothing but contact the seller, who will refuse service or just not pick up the phone. Look up youtube for these sorts of scams, pretty common stuff.
If it's not the above scam, they will just take your payment details and you'll be duped. As you've said yourself, if it's too good to be true, it is. And I don't think any consumer electronics factory will be unhappy producing surplus goods at this time, since there is a global chip shortage going on affecting everything from cars to TVs, not to mention computers as well. Not a convincing reason at all. And even if there is surplus, just think about it logically - why would any company sell it below cost?

The watches are a sure shot fake. I could guess that though. For the electronics, i thought i ll order by COD and then pay only on opening the package.

I wonder how those instagrammers with good enough followers are promoting this.

wont this dent their image?

E
The watches are a sure shot fake. I could guess that though. For the electronics, i thought i ll order by COD and then pay only on opening the package.

I wonder how those instagrammers with good enough followers are promoting this.

wont this dent their image?
Everything is scam. They hire people to promote their website on insta, FB, so people like us fall prey to their traps. Do not trust them, buy only from trusted people.

Back