Weird Booting Problems

bejay

Disciple
Hey Guyz

I'm facing a weird problem from last evening. I was using the computer the whole day yesterday and didn't have any problems at all. Later i turned it off n after a while i turned on the computer. The CPU indicates power supply, but HDD is not reading, Monitor shows "No Signal Detected". I tried a couple of times n same result. Finally, I unplugged the power cord off the CPU n plugged it back it, it started working fine. So just to test further, I again turned off the computer and left it for a while, turned it back on, same problem, i did the same trick n it worked again. I left it alone for the rest of the day, today morning, no matter what i do, its just not booting or detecting HDD nor is it displaying anything on the screen, no BIOS, no beeps, nothing at all. Please Help.

Rgds
BJ

If there's no display how can u confirm that the HDD is Not detecting :lol

Sounds like symptoms of a dying PSU, Try using a different PSU if feasible for you.........

well andrew, i can see that the red LED which indicates HDD activity during booting is not glowing at all. i just hope mobo is not gonna conk up. i tried even cleaning RAM, didn't seem to work, idk what else to do, thx for the reply, looking for more replies

Ok, turns out to be mobo issue, changed to Mercury 890M Via Chipset, rest remains the same, i just repaired the OS installation as i had some urgent work, now i'm gonna back up data, format n reinstall, btw how is this mobo?? a couple of friends said its quite robust n is best buy

bejay said:
Ok, turns out to be mobo issue, changed to Mercury 890M Via Chipset, rest remains the same, i just repaired the OS installation as i had some urgent work, now i'm gonna back up data, format n reinstall, btw how is this mobo?? a couple of friends said its quite robust n is best buy

if you are getting NO SIGNAL on Monitor then its is not Motherboard or PSU problem.Check data cable of monitor and plug at mother board.Maybe one of them is culprit .:)

sometimes ram issues also cause this to happen, try giving them a check. but i guess you have pin pointed the issue to your motherboard ?

Back