Weird call from Citibank customer care

Rahul

Skilled
I got a call from citibank customer care just 1 hour before, conversation as follows .....

Girl: hello

Me: hello

Girl: is this mr Rahul Sharma ?

me: yes

Girl: i am calling in behalf of citibank, this is regarding ur Debit card which has last four digits xxxx

me: I don't have any citibank account or debit card

Girl: ok and cuts the phone

I don't have any card/account from citibank. never applied for anything from citibank :-/

wat sud i do now ?? is someone using my name and identity for a account ?? sud i call the citibank Care and confirm with them ??

lol, you could have just said yes to see what else she asked... i should remember to do that in case i get such a call

or maybe she was expecting a reply like "my card does not have those last 4 digits, here are the full digits and PIN of my card" :p

nothing new! Atleast 3 times a month I get calls from chennai numbers claiming to be from citibank asking for my CC number :rofl: these scamers say that they want to verify that im the person actually using that CC :p man

Once I was in a really rotten mode and I blasted that beetch at the end for 15 mmin.. Told her that im going to report this to citibank even after this she still says "sir im from citibank".. She got scared and cut the phone :p

another scamer wanted the last 4 digits of my citibank cc so that they can give me free health insurance :p
I told this looser that he will need health insurance if he calls me up again :rofl:

sad thing is, i wonder if the banks and govt. (law) authorities are even aware of it... how many of us (who realise its a scamster) would take the trouble to report it to the banks and/or police?

vishalrao said:
sad thing is, i wonder if the banks and govt. (law) authorities are even aware of it... how many of us (who realise its a scamster) would take the trouble to report it to the banks and/or police?

I did, I reported the same to citibank several times :p

Note down the telephone number from which you have received the call. Call the Citi Bank and enquire, informthem about the call you have received and ask them to take action against the persons called you.

You can also give a police complaint.

Well i do reply mails..havent got any call...but give all fake detailsso that the looser atleast waste his 5 or mins....if we all do the same the looser will be tired and will than give up..gandhigiri u c...lolz

gmano said:
Note down the telephone number from which you have received the call.

There's ways to obscure this, asuming they have half a brain.
gmano said:
Call the Citi Bank and enquire, informthem about the call you have received and ask them to take action against the persons called you.

You can also give a police complaint.

You can go do that but what real info *do* you have to give them ?

A certain mr/mrs. x called at x am/pm saying they are from abc bank.

And until this changes it will remain profitable for these types to go on & on & on.

Personally i cut them off immediately and ask to be put on their do-not-call list. (thats for the landline, mobiles is another story;)

I'm off the opinion good deals never fall in your lap unless you put in the miles to find yourself...especially if we are talking strangers

^^ those telephone numbers can be traced by police. The information required to give a police complaint is what time you got call and what all they spoke. Its not mandatory to give a police complaint with all the information about the person who spoke. Its enough if you provide what you know.

In Rahul's case they have clearly told that there is an account in his name with citibank, whereas in reality he is not having any. So if anyone else is using his name and doing a scandal, whats his position?

gmano said:
^^ those telephone numbers can be traced by police. The information required to give a police complaint is what time you got call and what all they spoke. Its not mandatory to give a police complaint with all the information about the person who spoke. Its enough if you provide what you know.

Ok, i guess thats the least that can be done. Each person doing thier bit, adds drops to the bucket :)

gmano said:
In Rahul's case they have clearly told that there is an account in his name with citibank, whereas in reality he is not having any. So if anyone else is using his name and doing a scandal, whats his position?
My take on this affair was they were trying to find out if at all he even has a card. if he says no, no point going further. Have to admit the girl took the pains to *really* verify he indeed does not have a credit card.

If he did admit he had one, then they know he is a likely prospect. Now if he is dumb enough to confirm or (gasp correct) what they want they got all they need.

Onto the next prospect :hap2:

Playing the odds going by names in the phone book and correlating it with localities etc you get a good number of suspects that would in all likelihood have a card.

If Rahul does have a credit card its highly advisable to shred any disposed credit card receipts/statements as its easy to to go dumpster diving to find credit card statments and then start buying *real* stuff. I've had this happen to a friend abroad and it was a nasty affair.

i see that identity thefts abroad (in the US at least) are REALLY nasty affairs, will be a total nightmare if it happens here...

Just called citibank cust care and they told me not to do anything, just ignore the call

also the call i got was from not starting with 285 and all the citibank cust care nos are starting from 285 .....

he also told me that i can go to the branch and talk to the relation ship manager about this ...... wat do u guys say ?

Back