CPU/Mobo Weird Display issue.

hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
Guys... I need your help in sorting this weird display issue.
Here's what happened.
My GPU GTX460 died.( i don't know if it's really dead).What happens is the system boots fine with bios screen & then i get the start windows normally screen (now this is where everything goes haywire) the screen appears very dull & the text not being very sharp n clear as it used to be. I proceed selecting "Start windows normally " & then i hear Windows startup sound n No display from there. I reseated the GPU cleared CMOS n nothing helped. Assuming the GPU's at faul, i unplugged it n started the system this time with the IGP n no display this time too, so i again unplugged everything cleared the cmos/ moved the jumper, & this time the system asks me to press F1 to go bios which is common after a cmos reset. Inside bios I change the settings to IGP, save settings n restart & no display again this time the system goes into loop mode like ON/OFF for at least 2-3 times. I have to reset cmos again in order to get the Bios screen. I triedall oother settings in bios. Load optimized settings no use. What is the best way to troubleshoot this.

Last edited:
PSU Corsair vx 450w. Gotta check rams. But when I install my gpu 460 again it boots fine post bios screen n also loads windows fine, with startup sound but no display.[DOUBLEPOST=1388038830][/DOUBLEPOST]Bad news.....
Checked with my brother's gtx 650 n the culprit is mobo. Pcie slot is busted. With the GPU plugged in the Bios appears dull n 800x600 resolution. Tested with all the 3 Pcie slots its the same.

Last edited:
Back