Weird Internet disconnection ( Airtel )

hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
I don't know where to begin. :mad:
Guys please help me to solve this weird disconnection issue.
Airtel220 BX1
My ISP is Failtel with the 2Mbps plan.The problem is the internet disconnects for at least 20 items a day.

Problem # 1 : while browsing or streaming , or while playing MP games internet stops. No page opens but... Torrents still downloads at full speeds. 220-240kbps. ( All the 4 lights are lit ). In the network & sharing center it shows connected. Only way to get everything back on line is to Reboot the modem.

Problem # 2 : Same... as above but the Data light goes off, it connects back all by it self again & it works fine for some time & disconnects.

Troubleshooting : atleast 5 Airtel guys came over... & went back with different story.
1st : guy says the problem is from my end.... VIRUS .... " my system could be corrupted with VIRUS which is blocking my Modem Ports" So when i reboot the modem the VIRUS goes off... & the internet starts to work fine, & after sometime the VIRUS gets clogged into the ports again." I don't know which Port he was referring to & i don't know how true this is.
after few days he gave me a testing modem the same model retarded 220BX1 , The problem still exists .

2nd guy : Line problem.... asking me to completely replace Line.

So people what'd think the problem is ? its driving me nuts for over a month.
is it really the Virus ? It can't be !

Try changing the DNS.

If your internet stops working on the fly ,then it could be a crappy line or something wrong in their end like their switch is hanging.

it is as we all expected :p Wiring problem indeed. ( the problem is from both the end.. from my side & their DP side ) The Airtel guys are asking me to go for a CAT5 cable for the wiring.
& they don't provide CAT5 cable but standard ones. So how fat is CAT5 cable my wiring is kinda drilled into my house from Terrace to my room in 1st floor.
Please guide me .
Thanks.

Back