Laptops Weird Laptop Problem - Dead

gurujee

Disciple
My acer 4720 laptop is 5 year old. It was running greatly till I took steps to fix the overheating issue. I bought a thermal paste tube and ask a local service center- not acer authorised - to apply the paste and do a cleaning of the lappy. The service guy also fixed the loose hinge issue. I returned with the laptop and everything was great, no heating, very fast browsing.... But after 3 days, when I pressed the power button in the morning, saw that it is dead- no battery led or AC LED glowing. I took the laptop to authorised service center this time. On my way, I paused to check the laptop again....strangely the laptop gave a glitch and boot perfectly. The laptop runs for 1 day, then dead again. Finally I reached service center and told the motherboard is gone and needed to be repaired. I spent Rs. 4800 for repairing and got the laptop after 14 days. I came back with repaired laptop and when tried to turn on at Home, the exact same problem is there - Dead, no lights, no booting..

I went several times to service center and everytime was told- problem in adapter, faulty battery etc. They changed the adapter and asked to use a new battery or without no battery at all. I nodded and was ready to use without battery. The laptop ran for 1 day and then dead again. The service center is saying "we cant help any more. we are unable to know what the problem is".
icon_sad.gif

The laptop is old, I agree. But i want to know if it is working flawlessly till i took step to overcome overheating issue, what damage is done now!!

One thing to let you know, I am as a layman, once thought is the laptop might getting very cold for which it is unable to boot(just like Nokia Lumia drained battery problem). So I once kept it under the sun to absorb some heat. Magically, after 1 2 attempt the laptop did boot normally. But now It is no more and lying dead.

Any one have any clue what might be the problem? Extremely Sorry for the soo loooong post.

First of all you yourselves spend needlessly on the mobo repairs. You should have instead explained them the whole scenario step wise.
Usually in such scenarios the troubleshooting starts from the battery and end to the mobo.

You should have tried with a new battery instead or would have asked them for a spare battery.

And not much can be done for old laptops hence they said they arent to fix it which is quite ridiculous answer by a service center.
Whats your location? There are some lap repair centers in major and metro cities.

Back