CPU/Mobo Weird PC Problem

kRuSnIk

Disciple
Hello! Everyone
I've been having issues with my PC for last 4-5 days. It randomly reboots, but there is no POST on reboot. All fans and led's light up though.
To fix it I've to remove the cable from mains and drain the power by pressing the power off button on the cabinet for 10-15 seconds.
When this doesn't work, I've to power on and power off, using the button on cabinet, until I get POST, but this takes at least 3-4 minutes. Regardless of what method works, once I get to windows, it reboots without POST on slightest voltage fluctuations or during transition from main power to generator or inverter and vice versa. Since there is no POST after reboot, I've to repeat the above steps. Also to be noted is that the PC works fine on UPS battery backup as long as I do not turn on the main switch.

MY PC specs are as follows:
Processor - Intel i7 4770
Motherboard - Intel DH87RL
GPU - ASUS GTX 970 DC2
RAM - Ripjaws X 2*8GB 1600MHz
PSU - Seasonic M12ii 650W Bronze
Mouse - Corsair M60
Keyboard- Dell
SSD- Crucial MX100 256GB
HDD- WD Blue 1TB
Cabinet - Antec GX700

No Overclocking Done. I've taken apart everything and put it back together but the issue persists.
There aren't any experts in my vicinity so I'm dependent on your help. I personally feel that the problem is either with the SMPS or the mobo.

Check the psu black power chord. It must be short circuited. Also voltage fluctuations is a common cause of sudden pc reboots. Try fixing that.

Also to be noted is that the PC works fine on UPS battery backup as long as I do not turn on the main switch.
Interesting. it seems like voltage spike are getting through to the system.
I agree that it looks like the psu has a problem. any way you can try it on another system?

also, try booting up without the gtx 970. some recent update may have affected it's power draw on startup since drivers only load after the os.

Back