Weird printer(driver) update

Hi,

My personal laptop has installed few canon printers of my workplace. I get this weird printer update, hopefully it means the driver, in Windows update section. Everytime it says that it is downloading the update and sometimes it says that it is installing but it is not installing anything because the message is there since months. All printers work just fine. What is going on?

Thanks

Not sure if the driver installation is stuck because it does not support Windows 10. However, you can try downloading and installing from the MS Update Catalog and see if the installation works. If not, then you are stuck in an endless update loop.
Microsoft Update Catalog
Thanks. What version exactly should I download from that link? How to uninstall the previous one? Is there any need as the printers work fine?
Status as of today

I think the first one in the list matches with the one being downloaded on your PC, so worth a try. If it installs fine then you shouldn't get the update prompt again on Windows.
No need of uninstalling anything? Just noticed getting the same thing on my pc, deleted the ss by mistake, it was the same one I posted above. The version might be different but the date was the same. Is this a known issue? It has got to do with an inkjet printer I guess as have the same one at home.

Thats getting downloaded from windows updates. You can turn off downloading driver updates via windows updates.
It is not recommended unless you want to fight the whole war of updates on your own ... which we can do .. but time is precious and it is tedious to do that on windows 10 anyway.

Back