PC Peripherals Weird problem with my Samsung 17 inch Flat CRT

paroxy

Disciple
A weird thing started happening on my samsung 17 inch CRT dont remember the exact model number....the screen get distorted randomly..distorted in the sense the image displayed get compressed into the shape of a double concave lens :p thats the best description i could come up with ......this started happening after installing nvidia drivers 169.21.....so i though it was the drivers issues...uninstalled them and tried latest beta drivers no use....no use...due other issues recently formatted and installed fresh OS and then new latest beta drivers again still the stupid issues exists...i also noticed that the issue is there when im in bios or the xp boot logo screen...the drivers or not in action in those screens i suppose or im confused if its a driver issue or not...

there is workaround to this ..i have to play some video in full screen for awhile and the screen get reset automatically to normal....but if switch off the monitor and switch it on again bang the problem is back....degaussing also doesn't rectify the problem...

so any clue as what the real issue is?????

Back