PC Peripherals Weird problem with pc

Ok for the past few days i have been having a very weird problem with my pc .... when i power it on
everything turns on all the fans the gfx card fan cpu the lights on the mobo .. but the pc dosent boot...
but after restarting it or switching it on or off a few times it eventually did start booting...
but yesterday it just refused to boot ... the gfx card fan runs in full speed ... ive tried disconnecting some of the fans and removing my sound card but still the same problem ...now the pc is just not booting ...
my system config : C2d e6600 , gigabyte ep45 ud3l mobo .... 2 x 2 gb gskill ram ... 4870 512mb gfx card xfi xtreme music sound card ..... please help me with this .. how do i pinpoint what is causing the problem ... is it the gfx card ??

Check your RAM's individually with memtest or some other software (hot CPU tester for testing CPU,RAM,HDD's etc but this will work if your PC boots)
try another GPU ..if these are fine then try with other PSU.

In my case the culprit was PSU, will strongly suggest you to try another PSU first.
faced similar problem -- all fans running properly, GPU fan running at full speed , pc boots after 20 mins or more after switching it on.

well the bloody thing just started working again .. and the gpu is working flawlessly ... this is really confusing . its like my pc has a mind of its own .. jab chaha tab chalta hein warna phusssssss.....

Dude i had the same problem. I can say with some certainty it is the ram. Generally when dust accumulates in the ram slots this happens. I would suggest u remove ur ram have the slots blown dry or clean the slots then insert the ram one by one and test. This should solve the problem. If that doesnt work then load memtest and run it. If it turns out any errors then it will be incompatible ram

Back