CPU/Mobo Weird problem...

IceFusion

Skilled
I have an AMD Athlon 3500+ with an Asus A8V-VM mobo... everything was working fine, but yesterday a friend came over and connected his harddisk to transfer some data, it worked perfectly at that time...
After he was gone, i decided to close up the cabinet and saw there was tons of dust inside, so i just blew in the cabinet a couple of times and loads of dust came out, after that i closed the cabinet and started my PC...

The pc wont go ahead of the bios screen.. :S it wont enter the bios even... after a couple of restarts, it started and showed an error.....

Overclocking failed !, press F1 to setup your bios or F2 to load defaults and continue...
I entered the bios and checked everything... nothing was changed... i loaded defaults and restarted.... same problem

After a couple of restarts the same error came up, i pressed f2 and windows loaded up and is running fine...

Any 1 has any idea what the hell happenned here... i Have never overclocked my pc.... could this be cause due to dust particles ??

did you check whether the CPU fan is working?it might have accidentally disconnected.Also check whether there are any loose connections.

common error with the bios . you would have setup a boot preference . then you connect the other hdd and remove it . now sometimes the hardware does not get removed from the nvram and then when it tries to communicate with it for the POST it gives an error internally . usually how would it show would be over clocking failed . here you would need to reload defaults and restarts . then go in bios again set your RAID or SATA boot preferences etc and restart again . nothing to worry about . i have been living with it for over 2 years . happens occasionally .

i have also experienced the same issue quite a no. of times, more so on adding/removing hdds/ optical drives...just need to check ur bios default boot settings etc. once again and save the same...works fine afterwards...its weird that overclocking failed msg appears everytime i try to connect/disc. any device....though, no idea why?

I suggest u also check the motherboard battery voltage. Even my new mobo had a weak battery. On installing my system I also changed the battery.
If your battery is weak, u probably getting this fault quite often soon.

Back