Weird Screen blanking problem with Dragon Age: Origins

AnkushT

Disciple
hey guys

i sometimes encounter a weird problem while trying to launch Dragon Age: Origins. The game loads and then the LCD monitor just goes black and refuses to recognise any further inputs (alt+tab or ctrl+alt+Delete). Usually this is followed by me resetting Win XP and the associated boot-time

On the other hand, if i launch in a windowed mode and then go full-screen from settings, the game runs just fine? am i the only one with gremlins in the PC? or is this an insidious attempt by EA to get me to buy their DLC ;)

Tech junta..halp!!!

P.S> Hope this thread is in the right sub-forum :)

having played DAO along with all its DLC's and also the subsequent expansion pack i can say as good as the game is its one of most bug ridden game i have played... i suggest you try all the patches if possible also uninstall any free expansions that are available from other developers... I have not faced the issue that you have mentioned though and but i use windows 7 not sure of any xp related problems.

well, the game decided to crash my whole OS this time. am consistently getting BSoD whenever i try to boot up windows :(

I do face similar problems while playing older games though. my monitor just blacks out and refuses to recognize any input? am i doing the Catalyst control settings wrong?

kolguy said:
having played DAO along with all its DLC's and also the subsequent expansion pack i can say as good as the game is its one of most bug ridden game i have played... i suggest you try all the patches if possible also uninstall any free expansions that are available from other developers... I have not faced the issue that you have mentioned though and but i use windows 7 not sure of any xp related problems.

Back