CPU/Mobo Weird temps on my Q6600

spynic

Adept
was doing a lil Googling...
i found out that..
  • 2 cores have almost the same temps and the two pairs of two cores differ by about 3-4deg
  • Tcase is about 5deg less than Tjunction(core)
  • ambient is less than Tcase (obvious)
but in the picture it looks all messed up..

• Tcase is higher than core temps :S
  • the difference in core temps are large
  • and ya ive reseated the heatsinks many times.. using the xigmatek now
  • and whats THRM?

how do i go about caliberating it? coz its stopping me from pushing the Mhz further..:mad:

or shud i get my chip RMA'ed?

i too play around with my friends system which has the Q6600 and xigmatek as well

in the high heat of our country, it runs into 75 at load at around 3.3-3.4ghz

i am guessing you use your computer in an air-conditioned environment

OMG ..look at ur +12v and +5v voltages...LOL..nothing to worry i guess, its just HWmonitor reporting crap, i changed my PSU coz of the same but well ended up with a VIP in place of crappy zebronics.

_pappu_ said:
i too play around with my friends system which has the Q6600 and xigmatek as well

in the high heat of our country, it runs into 75 at load at around 3.3-3.4ghz

i am guessing you use your computer in an air-conditioned environment

its not air conditioned temp.. with AC on its about ~27-33deg.. i've got 100+ cfm in and out..

rocky_jvm said:
OMG ..look at ur +12v and +5v voltages...LOL..nothing to worry i guess, its just HWmonitor reporting crap, i changed my PSU coz of the same but well ended up with a VIP in place of crappy zebronics.

yea.. they reporting crappy volts for this mobo..only the abit EQ will report somewhat proper voltages

TechHead said:
Those are nice idle temps for 3.2Ghz. I get ~37 idle @ 2.6Ghz, but with an Ultima 90.

my idle temps increases after 3.2, coz i need to pump the vcore higher..

hii i have a quad q600 too, but my cpu core temperatures are much much higher with 60-61 degrees during idling and around 80 degrees plus during full load. I have a normal ATX cabinet with coolermaster extreme 600w PSU + 2 rear fans and a side intake column without fan installed.I stay in Delhi and dont have airconditioner in my room.Should I buy a new cabinet??? Please suggest.I have also uploaded a screenshot of the core temperatures.
Thanx...waiting eagrly for ur replys

Attachments

• CoreTemp-Scr.JPG
    CoreTemp-Scr.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 85
chatphobia said:
hii i have a quad q600 too, but my cpu core temperatures are much much higher with 60-61 degrees during idling and around 80 degrees plus during full load. I have a normal ATX cabinet with coolermaster extreme 600w PSU + 2 rear fans and a side intake column without fan installed.I stay in Delhi and dont have airconditioner in my room.Should I buy a new cabinet??? Please suggest.I have also uploaded a screenshot of the core temperatures.
Thanx...waiting eagrly for ur replys

Try different Temp monitor softwares. and if u r convinced that ur CPU is hot... I suppose the heatsink is not properly fitted. Or else try with aftermarket CPU coolers.

@chatphobia u are essentially killing your processor bro idleing at 62 is just not good. Check the seating of the Cooler or try an aftermarket cooler :)

yup, you should drop your overclocking until the temps are more stable, then buy an aftermarket cooler... there are a tons of threads with recommendations here on TE

@Spynic... your temps look fine to me. I have a q6700 @ 3.5 at similar temps and it is working great, a slight variance between cores are ok ;)

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
yup, you should drop your overclocking until the temps are more stable, then buy an aftermarket cooler... there are a tons of threads with recommendations here on TE

@Spynic... your temps look fine to me. I have a q6700 @ 3.5 at similar temps and it is working great, a slight variance between cores are ok ;)

yea.. i guess it shud be..

i wanted to push this chip further.. but its voltg hungry.. prolly require WC/peltier for that..

thanks all u guys for ur support.

hi thanx for ur suggestions but i m not overclocking my cpu.My mobo is intel DG33. Is there anything to do with the voltage or shud i need to buy a new cabinet??

Back