Weird Wireless Network Conecting Trouble..

nalinmehra

Recruit
hi,
please help me in a problem. I have one wireless ADSL modem by BSNL, of ZTE company ZXDSL-531B and one linksys wireless router WRT54G, I want both the BSNL modem and Linkysys router, to communicate with each other through wireless... and also i want
BSNl modem to allot ip to local machines trhough lan and wireless and the same thing i want on my linkysys router, I want it to allot ip (DHCP) via lan and wireless.

Now the problem is that , i am not able to connect it with each other, .

Please guide me guys... Please Resolve my WWNCT (Weird Wireless Network Connecting Trouble..)

Much thanks
Nalin

I don't think the WRT54G can act as a wireless bridge (unless you change the firmware which will also void your warranty). Better check the manual and confirm.

But if your modem and the WRT54G are near each other it would be faster if you connect them with an ethernet cable.

coolraghav said:
thats like making your router an ad hoc or an access point ..

hmm, did you try makin your linksys router an access pt ?

Is that possible with the WRT54G?

@nalin: What version of WRT54G do you have?

The stock Linksys firmware won't allow the WRT54G to communicate as a bridge. You'd need to flash the router with a third-party firmware like Tomato or DD-WRT.

From your first post, you want both, the Zyxel and the WRT54G to allot IPs, but I'm not entirely sure if it's possible with the WRT54G in wireless bridge mode. Don't hold me to this though, as I've not worked with the latest iterations of Tomato or DD-WRT. Maybe someone else who has can help you out better.

Back