Welcome to India -- Samsung's Galaxy Note and Moto's Droid Razr

IMO, RAZR has got both the looks as well as power, not to forget water resistant stuff also being used which makes it more durable than SII.

Razr v/s Galaxy SII, which phone will you guys go for ?

Galaxy Note = Lag , Lag , Lag :| Was really forward to getting this for myself but not now.. Also, too big as a phone , too small as a proper tablet. Makes for a nice PMP though :D:

dhruvrock2000 said:
Galaxy Note = Lag , Lag , Lag :| Was really forward to getting this for myself but not now.. Also, too big as a phone , too small as a proper tablet. Makes for a nice PMP though :D:
Have you used the phone to make such preposterous claims?

Yep, IMO it's very hard to find a proper use of Galaxy note at that price point:

a) phone: too big to use, more in the mold of a pencil-box

b) tablet: too small

c) PMP: 2.5 times overpriced than iPod touch but watching movies would be fun

d) Browsing: experience would be good, but still have to zoom in-out

e) Weapon: too light and expensive to use for throwing at others :p

f) Reading: too small to be used as an ebook reader

g) Games: Should be good, but physical buttons would be missed (Xperia play)

Obvious pluses would be the screen, 8 MP rear cam, 2 MP front cam, and 2500mAh battery

On the other hand Droid Razr has been built like a tank (might be with a crappy camera) and looks sexy too. After couple of months @28-29K would be a good phone to possess.

goodakash said:
IMO, RAZR has got both the looks as well as power, not to forget water resistant stuff also being used which makes it more durable than SII.

Razr v/s Galaxy SII, which phone will you guys go for ?

i would think between droid razr and galaxy nexus

tough to choose between these 2

nexus will get all the updates first but knowing the fact that motorola has been sold to google wont razr be also getting the updates soon ?

razr is a very good competitor :)

ultimabasher said:
Have you used the phone to make such preposterous claims?

I saw a few youtube videos and it looked slightly laggy as well. I bet once you start loading it with bloat it will get worse. Maybe later roms might fix it

Samsung's Note looks either like a Great Khali in the mobile segment or like Rey Mysterio in the tablet segment, not sure what others think but for me it looks abnormal as a phone :) (sorry for the WWE references)

Was very much keen to get S2 but decided to get Nexus Prime but now Moto's RAZR!!:tongue:

swastikrj said:
i would think between droid razr and galaxy nexus

tough to choose between these 2

nexus will get all the updates first but knowing the fact that motorola has been sold to google wont razr be also getting the updates soon ?

razr is a very good competitor :)

AFAIK, there is no Gorilla glass on Galaxy Nexus(correct me If I am wrong) and a 5MP camera !! These two aspects make me choose RAZR over Galaxy Nexus !

Dell streak 5, Samsung Note.... as others mentioned.. too big to qualify as a fone and too small to qualify as a tablet...

you see those chics who shop in kids section?

goodakash said:
AFAIK, there is no Gorilla glass on Galaxy Nexus(correct me If I am wrong) and a 5MP camera !! These two aspects make me choose RAZR over Galaxy Nexus !

one does not require more than 2MP, just give us a larger and better sensor. The craze for higher MP is stupendous, buy 12MP webcams from intex and you would know why :p

The screen may not have gorilla glass due to curved surface. I dont see a reason why samsung wouldnt slap one if it was possible.

This thread will soon have the benefits of getting its name converted into Samsung's Galaxy NEXUS and Moto's Droid RAZR :)

Soon people gonna use their tablet as a phone,, that's funny...( alter the pant pocket)

Anyway, droid razr stand tall... Really wanted one//

Sent from my iPad 2(3G) using Tapatalk

Very Nice Device,But in that range Galaxy Tab 8.9 looks to be a better option. But with that sort of a screen the Note will be a fantastic Photo frame ;)
can u honestly use the SG Note as a phone?

Considering you can use even 7" Galaxy Tab as a phone,provided you use a wireless/wired handsfree I cant see why not the note.

The only reason I see people going for The nexus is the android 4.0 update, with the razr slated to taste it only in 12 2012. Otherwise razr beats the nexus every which way you look at it..

Back