Western Digital launches Hard Drive Exchange Offer

Eazy

Skilled
Got this in the mail..... thought people here may find it of use....
Western Digital (WD) has launched a unique hard drive exchange offer. As part of the offer, WD is inviting customers to trade in their old drives of any recognized brand for a new WD drive at a discount. The offer covers both working and non-working drives, subject to terms and conditions as stipulated by WD.

This offer is available to all WD customers through their distribution channel from June 1 to 30, 2006. It is applicable across all WD's internal drive families, including WD Raptor, WD Caviar and WD Scorpio. If the drives are in working condition then 4GB and above but less than 10GB, then they get Rs.150 off a WD drive of choice, on 10GB and above but less than 20GB: Rs.300 off a WD drive of choice and on 20GB and above: Rs.500 off on WD drive of choice.

If the drives are in non-working condition, then any capacity more than 1GB: Rs.75 off a WD drive of choice

VARIndia - INDIA'S FRONTLINE IT MAGAZINE

hmm i got a 160gb seagate.... repaired.. and no warranty.. can i get it exchanged for a 250gig WD ? i would love too!!

actually i would love to get both my 160gigs exchanged!

there is no phone no. or email id listed.. where would i call em??

chic_magnet said:
there is no phone no. or email id listed.. where would i call em??

YUP I know - stupid people did not give WD contact details... here is a WD toll free number call and ask them...

Code:
1800-11-93-93
if toll free number not accessible call wd at...
011-26384700

If anyone does an exchange with WD please post here how the deal went. :)

they have a new courier thingy also,if any of tehyre drives go bad it will be picked up from ur door and fresh piece delievered 2 ur door,about time they buck up theyre stratergy in india

SoulFire said:
they have a new courier thingy also,if any of tehyre drives go bad it will be picked up from ur door and fresh piece delievered 2 ur door,about time they buck up theyre stratergy in india
....the toll free number I gave is from WD's ad for this drive replacement service. :)

Thats good if they stick to it.. I went to a market in pune and some guy was selling HDD drives. Some 6 to 8 were 20 GB and few were 40GB. Since he did not know what he is selling he was selling any one for 300Rs. Maybe they are working or may be not. But if it gives a good bargain then probably this could turn out to be a good offer. :clap:

I wanted to sell my 120GB Seagate SATA, but 500 bux is pathetic for it :(

Edit : @ Chic - These are pathetic company rates "non-negotiable", you'll probabaly get it cheaper on Lammy w/o the discount ;)

check out some shops at lamington road they will give u more than
that cash for exchanging ur old hdd for new one any brand any capacity !!!!!!!!!

sorry but a little offtopic...does seagate offer door to door replacement service...i have 120gb sata with bad sectors......

^^ then go give it to the seagate service center you lazy bum!!! j/k....

sab ghar pe chahiye... kuch kaam nahin karna khud se!! sheeesh! :bleh:

chic boss moving in rain to a destination where u have no other work xcept replacing hard disc(that too with a doubt whether its going to b replacd or not due to 10%broken seal) is sucidal(heart breaking)...........so atlest if they offer service why i shd remain behind(save my invaluable time)..........
nyways within a week if something doesnt work then ill hav to pay a visit.....lol

ic.... i went in heavy rains with my hdd .. in my bag on my bike.. to grant road.. to give my samsung.. hdd. for replacement...!! beat that!! i was drenched.. and that guy chked that hdd like 10 times b4 accepting it..that it was really dry! lol

best part was.. tat day was the last day of the warranty period.!! :bleh:

anyways... its alright. man .. i'm just kidding with you re. you give your hdd at your own leisure.. :p :p

Back