What 32" TV to buy and where?

Manoj.S

Disciple
Hi friends,

I am planning to buy new 32" LCD/LED tv.I would be playing movies i download using USB port which is mandatory.It should be full HD 1080p.My budget could go upto 45000 incl tax

I have few models in mind like
1)Samsung LA32650 LCD
2)Samsung LA32630 LCD
3)LG 32LD650 LCD
4)LG 32LE5500 LED LCD TV

latest Features and quality is important.Both samsung and LG what all formats it can play with USB?
Guys can u rank the above models in terms of quality, feature and price.If any other model u think is better than above please suggest me those also.
I will be buying it in bangalore where can i get the best price for the above models?
Comparison with pros and cons would be great which could help many users here.

cyberboy_varad said:
why not Sony?

The Bravia EX500 is good choice.
i heard sony do not play many video formats even divx which doesn't serve purpose for me.... also features what LG and Samsung are providing i dont see sony on par with them for similar price.

LG LD550

Plays mkv, avi, wma, mp4 etc via its USB port.

Has wireless capability.

3 HDMI ports.

Optical out for your home theater

VGA in for your computer

100Hz

Full HD 1080p

~35K

blufox said:
LG LD550

Plays mkv, avi, wma, mp4 etc via its USB port.
Has wireless capability.
3 HDMI ports.
Optical out for your home theater
VGA in for your computer
100Hz
Full HD 1080p
~35K
its higher version ld650 is only 1k more i guess.

This is becoming very confusing now can some1 compare me LG ld650 v/s samsung c630 v/s samsung c650 with all tech specs and features. if any other link where i can get the comparison of these models please let me know.

also at what is good price for c650?

Manoj.S said:
its higher version ld650 is only 1k more i guess.

This is becoming very confusing now can some1 compare me LG ld650 v/s samsung c630 v/s samsung c650 with all tech specs and features. if any other link where i can get the comparison of these models please let me know.

also at what is good price for c650?

I was just about to start a new thread for the same purpose and then i saw this thread. I too am very confused between soo many options that are there right now. I had gone to Croma today to see some new 100hz LED Full HD screens, not LCD because prices have gone down since i last visited electronic shops.

Now, what i liked personally by taking a closer look at the screens was, how insane these LED TVs look compared to LCD. Contrast ratios are very high, great viewing angles and other features in the new LEDs make them stand out. LG are IPS panels and Sony use Samsung panels SPVA.

The LG 32LE5500, Sony Bravia KDL 32EX700 and Sony KDL 32EX500(LCD) are all brilliant Full HD televisions. I was there for almost 1 hour trying to get all the useful info. But you know how our Indian salesmen are. They dont know jack.

Its also very SAD that i cant find any decent reviews of them(32inchers) on the net except from customer reviews on Amazon. CNET.com has given the Sony KDL 32EX700(LED) a very lame rating which totally amazes me but it is true that the black levels of the EX700 are a bit disappointing.

In the Indian edition of WHAT HI-FI magazine, they have given 5stars on 5 to KDL32EX700. So there are always difference of opinions and that is why it is best to go and checkout the screens in person and take all the time you want. Take your PS3, 360 or any HD player and see the difference in the screens you wish to compare.

I saw the LG 32LE5500 and Sony KDL32EX700 side by side in croma, checked their brightness and contrast settings and can easily say that LG has better blacks and viewing angles compared to Sony. A very good feature which i saw in LG was the calibration feature (picture wizard) which takes you step by step to get a better picture. It has more features than Sony too.

I am not aware of any good Samsung LED screens that have similar features.

I would also appreciate if any of you can please shed some light on the new LED screens that are available currently in 32". I have a limitation of space so cant help but go for 32". What do you all suggest?

Sony KDL32EX700 retails for 54,900

LG 32LE5500 is for 46,500

I have Samsung 32" 5-Series LCD TV and would highly recommend Samsung to anyone going to buy an LCD. "Samsung LA32650" LCD recommended from my side.

mohitgamer said:
I have Samsung 32" 5-Series LCD TV and would highly recommend Samsung to anyone going to buy an LCD. "Samsung LA32650" LCD recommended from my side.
yeah planning to buy samsung c650 itself soon.Can some one tell me what could be best price.. is 42.5 k good one or some one have got below this price with warranty?

Should i bargain more?

Back