CPU/Mobo What are E8400 Standard Temps??

paroxy

Disciple
Hi,

I got my friend's E8400 recently since his mobo conked off and so replaced my E6300 for free literally :p. What is worrying me are the temps im seeing for the E8400 on stock Voltage and clock speed no OC'ing done.

temp1fb.th.jpg
temp2g.th.jpg

Are those temperatures normal for the room temp is abt 36C (the summer hasn't even started damn:no:)???? On 100% load the temps are going up 75C. I'm using the Cooler master OEM CPU cooler we have here in dealer section since the stock cooler pins got screwed. Heard that the cooler master cooler is much better than the stock cooler so was also expecting lower temps.

Please suggest any minor tinkering that can be done to reduced the temps if needed that is. Thanks in advance guys.

You have a motherboard, which has Overclock functionality..? Did you apply TIM to the CPU plate before mounting the HSF..?

At 3.6G I get : idle with eist = 37 and 38. prime95 = 58 on both. CM hyper tx2 + AS5.

what were the temps with e6300 ? that should give you a clue. what temps did your friend report ?

what TIM ? HS seated properly ?

I remember reading long back that some e8400s had faulty sensors.

Edit : I'm using CoreTemp 0.99.5 where TJMax is 100. You have 0.99.1 with 105.

Edit : Ran Prime95 again today to confirm/test : http://www.imgx.org/files/57849_xl8lk/e8400.png

Which board are you using?
Coz the older boards with 45nm processors used to report faulty temps. Many people had this problem including myself. Used to have an E8400 C0 stepping on a P5N-E SLI board, temps were 50deg idle and 80~85 on load..
The same processor on a G31 chipset board showed much lower temps, 35~40 idle and 50~55 on load..

I have the ASUS P5N-D board(horrendous board for overclocking :( ) ... Nvidia nForce 750i SLI board... and based on the below comment ..this could be the reason...

Also i found out the front intake fan for my cabinet was not working last night when i ran the load test and recorded temperatures...later i fixed the fan and found that the CPU was idling at 49-50C and at 100% load was at 61C(a decrease of 10C since last time)...Will post the real temp screenshots later in the day at work right now...also will find out what temps my friend observed when he was using the CPU....

thanks guys for all the inputs..

oh btw yes applied AS5 and checked to make sure the CPU cooler was set properly...no gaps...

sathyanaidu said:
Which board are you using?

Coz the older boards with 45nm processors used to report faulty temps. Many people had this problem including myself. Used to have an E8400 C0 stepping on a P5N-E SLI board, temps were 50deg idle and 80~85 on load..

The same processor on a G31 chipset board showed much lower temps, 35~40 idle and 50~55 on load..

I am also have the same situation. My E8400 has an idle temp of 47-49C but on load it goes to 58c(max) while 2 cores show temp as 63C. Does mounting custom cooler decrease temp (I know it will) but by how much?

Back